_________________Stolen M3 in atlanta_________________

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _________________Stolen M3 in atlanta_________________

I have been lurking on this site for a while and surely did not think this would be my first post. My M3 was taken from my parking garage last nite, posting a pic so any atlanta area people could be on the look out.
    88 M3
    86 16vg60 gti

That's bad news.

Was it driven away? or Trucked?

m

Comment

Very sorry to hear that......:sosad:

I read an article in our local paper a few months back, listing the most likely stolen vehicles. The 87-91 M3 was NUMBER ONE, based on the number stolen compared to the number of them around.

That sort of amazed me, because there are so few of them around even if proportionately at lot of them were being stolen, you would not think it would even register compared to the Hondas and Toyotas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmark
        That's bad news.

Was it driven away? or Trucked?

m
        Looks like it was driven away just a sad pile of glass where i parked it. Still had my bike rack on it to from the last time i rode! Nice start to X mas
        88 M3
        86 16vg60 gti

Comment

What aftermarket parts were on it? We'll see what shows up in the classifieds here and other places on the net
          REGISTER YOU M CAR IN THE M REGISTRY TO HELP TRACK ALL THE REMAINING E30 M3s
          http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

Comment

Soo Sorry.

My car was stolen, and recovered within 2 weeks.

Heres what you do: File a Police report, Go talk to the police explain exactly how the car looks. Call them everyday and ask if they have seen it.

Also if you find it Do Not drive it away, just call police. Good luck man.
            1989 M3 cinnabar red/black
            2001 540i 6 speed titanium silver/black

Comment

Good luck with getting your car back. If any parts might distingush you car from another post them, we will all keep our eyes open to catch the thief if it is parted out and things posted anywhere.
              1988 /// M3

Comment

Holly crap!... good luck, keep us posted. Also be on a lookout for large number of M3 parts for sale around your area. I hope who did this pays the price.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.
                  I will keep my eyes peeled as I live in ATL.
                  I have seen one other e30 m3 in the last year....and I am ALWAYS looking.

Comment

what was the milage & the VIN? that might help identify stolen parts when they might post the milage
                    GraemeD

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your car being stolen. Doesn't this make it the second E30 M3 stolen in the Atlanta area this year? I could have sworn another one happened not too long ago...
                      Eric Giles
                      '07 X5 4.8i
                      '01 325i
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlmflyer
                        Good luck with getting your car back. If any parts might distingush you car from another post them, we will all keep our eyes open to catch the thief if it is parted out and things posted anywhere.
                        Im kinda sick right now but I will try to throw out all the stuff I can think of. I had picked up the car from a friend who had the car but didnt the resources to get the car back in shape, by the time I got my M it needed lots of love. The paint was orignal and the body panels were all straight minus some door dings. The mechanicals were worn out. I have a VW/ audi shop so i had rebuilt almost all the mechanicals and the interior myself. Some samll details an evo rear wing and some paint and it would have been complete.
                        1988 Wbsa0301j2197754 Diamond black
                        186000 on the odo
                        At 183000 I had went through the motor, trans seals, clutch, had the driveshaft rebuilt, new cooling system , fixed the AC, mint used dash etc etc a basic mechanical resto.
                        as far as aftermarket stuff
                        17x8 17x9 ASA BBS with brand new maxxis tires
                        Crossdrilled rotors and ebc pads
                        Turner ALu flywheel
                        supersprint no cat dtm exhaust
                        Bilstiens and H&R springs ground control rsm powerflex bushings
                        Sparco strut bar
                        Thule roof rack
                        The most unique part of the car would be these seats, summit racing seats with modified corbeau seat brackets.
                        88 M3
                        86 16vg60 gti

Comment

Man, that really sucks! Hope you get her back ASAP!

Comment

Damn straight - best of luck.

I am in Atlanta area also, and my wife and I will keep an eye out. If you get any leads and need a helping hand, feel free to shoot me a line.
                            -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

By helping hand, I mean "an ex-military persuasive buddy with a 12-gauge".
                              -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Working...
                              X