clutch alignment tool dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch alignment tool dimensions

I"m visiting someone who coul turn a clutch alignment tool on his lathe.
    Can someone give me the diameter of the bit that sticks into the pilot bearing and how long that needs to be? The other required dimension would be the inner diameter of the spline inside the clutch.

Thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat. I think the pilot bearing is 12mm....could be 10mm? I don't know the spline gear. I can make one here at work today if anyone know these dim.
    Thanks
    -Darren

Comment

The Nose pilot is 25mm long by 11.95mm diameter.

The splined pilot is 28mm in diameter by 77mm long.
      The taper down to the Nose pilot from the splined pilot is 8mm in length.

m

Comment

Thank you Mark.
        -Darren

Comment

I know that I'm not answering your question and that there is a certain satisfaction in manufacturing your own parts, but you can purchase a plastic clutch alignment tool for about $10 from Bavarian Auto.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM View Post
            I know that I'm not answering your question and that there is a certain satisfaction in manufacturing your own parts, but you can purchase a plastic clutch alignment tool for about $10 from Bavarian Auto.
            So true. One can also cut the shaft from an old tranny.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
            1989 M3 racecar
            e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM View Post

Yeah I was going to get one, but didn't wan't to wait and have it shipped. It took me 30 min at work to make one. And I was able to get my fly and clutch on and motor back in car.:headspin: .
              -Darren

Comment

Working...
              X