• Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose.

Ok if you had the chice of doing a E36 Motor,
    and your choce was for about the same $ you could do a
    US 3.0 or 3.2 with trans,
    or a euro 3.2 with sixspeed trans,

wich would you do and why?

Us swap will cost you much less, but the euro is the clear choice for the same dollar!

With the euro though, you have to either run a remote brake system or no power brakes.. and maintainance is more expensive, that's about it. Don't forget the $2500 ECU you need to make the 3.2 run in an E30 either.
    Alex McHenry

Comment

US 3.2 obd1 with euro 6-speed for me please

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

Euro 3.2 with six speed. It's awesome. And if you need more power make the car lighter, swap-out parts for fiberglass (hood quarters, rear seats, etc.).

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Ok see the thing is , one i have somone in europe that can get me a crached car , with everything i need- ecu/ harnes/ trans/ext. geting it here is not a prop ither but what do you mean by the brake mod? i dont get it . and is there a way arownd that without tuching anything on the brakes ?

Comment

S14 2.5! ALL THE WAY!

Ok, now that it's out.

S52 US, with a ODBI coversion. Cheap, realiable.

Now with money to spend, Euro S50tub32 with speed! But it is really going to cost you!

Alex, how much was the GRP N ECU? Then you driveline, fitting the engine in there, and parts.

Do not click
            At least it's German

Comment

The Grp N ECU is $2400 from PTG i believe, and you will not be able to start the engine without it. That is not unless you swap the entire wiring harness into the car including the chassis section with the ignition, etc. In other words, rip the car apart and put it back together.

You will have to "touch" the brakes. It doesn't fit otherwise.. the booster/master is in clear conflict with where the plenum has to be. Its a must.
              Alex McHenry

Comment

i can see the evil grin on Saki's face right now.

Comment

this could be an option to

eusing the 3.8 thow with the 340hp

Comment

is there a way to add the individual throttle bodies to us spec engines? be it aftermarket or factory?

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

Originally posted by mazenz
                      is there a way to add the individual throttle bodies to us spec engines? be it aftermarket or factory?
                      Yup, BMW makes a kit, it's like $2500

Do not click
                      At least it's German

Comment

Ok so this is what i came up with , take a Euro 3.2 motor , use a
                        E30 325ix brake booster, CF intake with Alpha N and a set of cams , no need for the ignition convertion or anything .going on tracking down a crashed one over in europe ill keep everyone posted on progress.

Comment

Using a 325ix booster does not fix any problem. That works with the US motor, but not with the Euro.. you have to go manual brakes or use an old 5/7 remote system.

And, no BMW does not make an indy-TB conversion for the US motor. BMP and Bekkers both sell their own units for around 3500-4000, but they are ill-engineered and the HP they net is peanuts compared to the torque you lose.

The US motor was design to run a single TB and it works well.
                          Alex McHenry

Comment

Ok thanks for that info , now tell me this if the intake box is to big off the E36 motor , would a Box of a M5 work like the pic ubuve on there?

Comment

Working...
                            X