X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
    Wow, I never knew the Evo's could even compete with the sTI's

Awesome to see the E30 M3 still tearin shit up 15 yrs later
    evo's are not as fast as the sti, but are up there, some even say better, in the handling and braking department

page two fizziled
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

it did seem like the sti had better acceleration between corners. what are the power outputs?

250 evo, 280 sti?

i thought they were both near 280

Comment

I heard:
        300 - sti's
        270ish - evo's

I also heard that although the sti's have more horsepower the evo's have a faster 1/4 mile.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
        original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
        win races on the track, not the street. It
        got the job done."

Comment

This topic is interesting for me...

as I actually have both cars and I track them quite a bit. I have a 2000 Evo 6.5 T.Makinen Edition with modified intake, exhaust and Power FC ecu everything else stock and it dynoed at 260hp at the wheels with SO-3 tires and my m3 is a US 2.5 with evo2 cam pushing 180hp at the wheels, ST sway bars, Brembo race brake kit, HR/Bilstein and 235 40 Dunlop 901s.
          At the Batangas Race Circuit, my best time in the M3 is 1:57s and on the Evo 1:56s thats only 1 sec seperating these two cars. An evo 7 was doing 1:58s, Evo5s with intermediates do 1:53s, Porsche Twin turbo does 1:56s with SO3s, stock Audi RS4 was doing 2:01s while the STIs were at 2:00s, stock 993 Carrera goes around in 2:07s and a full Spoon 1.8 Civic with Ap brakes does 2:03s.
          I have more confidence with the M3 than the Evo. The evo is very nervous at the limit and to push it hard you should not worry about preserving the tires or the car while the m3 feels so good in turns and feels like it will just keep on running. My only complaint is that it needs more power out of the turns then maybe I can get 2 secs off plus race tires an additional 2 secs off. Then I think they will have a hard time catching up to a 14-year old car but as of now they have an extreme respect for the E30M3, they even think Im a great driver thats why Im fast but I really think the chassis and balance of the M3 inspires confidence. You guys can check out some of our group pics at our yahoogroup site called 'Trackhos' More power to our cars
          Dont believe all you hear, spend all you have and sleep all you want...
          89 BMW M3
          00 Mitsubishi Evo 6.5 TME
          94 MBenz E500

Comment

its posts like this that make me so proud to own the car i do

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

Re: This topic is interesting for me...

Originally posted by JLA M3
              as I actually have both cars and I track them quite a bit. I have a 2000 Evo 6.5 T.Makinen Edition with modified intake, exhaust and Power FC ecu everything else stock and it dynoed at 260hp at the wheels with SO-3 tires and my m3 is a US 2.5 with evo2 cam pushing 180hp at the wheels, ST sway bars, Brembo race brake kit, HR/Bilstein and 235 40 Dunlop 901s.
              At the Batangas Race Circuit, my best time in the M3 is 1:57s and on the Evo 1:56s thats only 1 sec seperating these two cars. An evo 7 was doing 1:58s, Evo5s with intermediates do 1:53s, Porsche Twin turbo does 1:56s with SO3s, stock Audi RS4 was doing 2:01s while the STIs were at 2:00s, stock 993 Carrera goes around in 2:07s and a full Spoon 1.8 Civic with Ap brakes does 2:03s.
              I have more confidence with the M3 than the Evo. The evo is very nervous at the limit and to push it hard you should not worry about preserving the tires or the car while the m3 feels so good in turns and feels like it will just keep on running. My only complaint is that it needs more power out of the turns then maybe I can get 2 secs off plus race tires an additional 2 secs off. Then I think they will have a hard time catching up to a 14-year old car but as of now they have an extreme respect for the E30M3, they even think Im a great driver thats why Im fast but I really think the chassis and balance of the M3 inspires confidence. You guys can check out some of our group pics at our yahoogroup site called 'Trackhos' More power to our cars

hell yea. my experiences exactly. i was speaking of the confidence i have behind the wheel, even back at my first event. theres even a kink at BIR (have speed? watch rolex 24 series there this weekend. see how fast a 1:59 is ) where i especially get to exploit my confidence while tossing the car at the limit. btw, it almost seems like you ar4e lapping here. the times seem reasonable here. (one hell of a driver to do 1:57, heh)

those power ratings made sense. the sti definately looked like it accelerated quicker in the straights.

driving my m3 in the rain on victoracers with 1k miles on them showed this. although it was a little scary, getting used to driving in the wet for my first time. after a few laps i was going balls out. felt so comfortible squeezing the throttle very early.

i love my car. this winter ill get the evo 2 cam on, vsr cat, roll bar, jstocks system, stripped down to 2400 or so. i know ill be able to challenge even the quickest cars. ill break 1:55 easy. a bit more power and 1:50 could be broken. 490hp race z06 territory(1:45).

Comment

Working...
              X