Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rant...

«RANT»
    I'm often surprised by how many people on this board don't have a copy of the BMW Mobile Tradition Parts CD-ROM. For me it's an invaluable resource, and not just for part numbers. Anytime I'm about to do a repair on my car I'll open the catalog to look at exploded views of the areas I'm about to work on. Honestly, I don't know how some of you are getting by without it.

F- the $100 Koala Repair CD, the only thing it's good for is torque specs. Go buy a copy of the Mobile Tradition Parts CD, they're only like $40 and way more useful in my opinion.
    «/RANT»

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.
    -Mick

I know I need the parts catalog, but I was also planning on getting the Koala CD. Are there any better repair manuals for the E30 M3?
    I am stationary at forty miles an hour.
    ///Mark Dowst

Comment

It would be great for the people who dont have it to post up a link so they could all buy it

Comment

I don't have one..:cool: ...Yet.
        RSMs, Front control arms, tune ups, Tires, sort of take precedence for now.
        I do have acess to one if necessary.
        m.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxFlares
          It would be great for the people who dont have it to post up a link so they could all buy it
          Sorry, I didn't want to sound like I was promoting a store or product. Bavarian autosport has it for $39.95 http://www.bavauto.com Can't link directly to it, search on "Mobile Tradition".

Comment

It doesn't work on a Mac. :sosad:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
              Oh yeah, that's a bummer. If anyone needs a diagram or part numbers let me know, I'll gladly post screenshots.

Comment

Yet another point for the superior team:
                PC > MAC :nahnah:
                I am stationary at forty miles an hour.
                ///Mark Dowst

Comment

LOL! Long live the PC, but down with Bill Gates the tyrant

J/K about Billy, I use lots of his stuff with great success, besides if he were to read this he might revoke all the "leases" I've bought...

Comment

part nunbers are great, but I want to get my grubby hands on the REPAIR manual.

how in the world do we get a BMW repair manual on CD, microfische (I actually have one!) or paper back version

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                    they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                      YUP it does, VPC baby!!

Yea, I never give part #'s, you can look them up your self!

I have......
                      Kola CD
                      ETK
                      ETM
                      TIS
                      Blue Book
                      Bently
                      OF COURSE, S14.net
                      and the Sig....

Do not click
                      At least it's German

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
                        YUP it does, VPC baby!!

Yea, I never give part #'s, you can look them up your self!

I have......
                        Kola CD
                        ETK
                        ETM
                        TIS
                        Blue Book
                        Bently
                        OF COURSE, S14.net
                        and the Sig....
                        I know the Kola CD & ETK but what are ETM (tech manual?) and TIS?

Comment

I have the factory repair manual, but I think it is overated. The amount of information it leaves out is gross. Between it, the ETK, the Koala CD, and a torque spec printout, I have enough to muddle through all repairs without doing too much damage.....

Comment

Originally posted by dig-design
                            I know the Kola CD & ETK but what are ETM (tech manual?) and TIS?

ETM, electric troubleshotting manual, it's the cars wireing.
                            TIS, Tech information system, it has recalls and some tech manual stuff in there.

The Factroy manual is OK, but you need to use it WITH the Kola CD, between the both of them you have everything covered.

Oh, I also have the GRP A & N catalogs. But there in German.

Do not click
                            At least it's German

Comment

The ETM is awesome! Wiring diagrams for pretty much the entire car.
                              It was invaluable when I did my motor swap and discovered I had different wiring harnesses.
                              -Han

Comment

Working...
                              X