S54 engine and 6spd mt dimensions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S54 engine and 6spd mt dimensions wanted

NO im not putting it into my E30 M3. thought about it but seems wrong. just bought a project car and need help! anyways, im asking because i've seen a few here who have swapped it and no e46 guy was able to help me out so far. for those who have swapped this engine or have worked with the S54 in general, it would be great help if you guys could help me figure out the dimensions/weight of that engine w/assesories and of the 6spd mt transmission.

check on bimmerforums.

Comment

searched there, asked there...no one seems to know or care to respond. haha

Comment

Nobody is really going to be able to tell you it is x inches long, y inches tall and z inches wide...unless they have one sitting on a pallet. If you are asking if it fits in an E30 body- yes it does. The firewall will need to be massaged a bit for the headers to fit. It weighs roughly 300-320 pounds for the motor and probably 100 pounds for the 6 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by toyotahachiroku View Post
          NO im not putting it into my E30 M3. thought about it but seems wrong.
          how can 333 HP and loads of torgue from BMW M-Power be wrong ?

:burn:

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post

thats one clean install. is there any specs of the install anyware?

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post

It's not wrong, and it looks right at home in the E30 M3. I'd do that conversion before I'd do a US S50, but then I'd have to go post on s54.net:p
              Terrance

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3 Terr View Post
                It's not wrong, and it looks right at home in the E30 M3. I'd do that conversion before I'd do a US S50, but then I'd have to go post on s54.net:p
                well, I post here and not on s50b32 :ha:

the swap above was done by Azevedo, same guy who did my swap.

Also, funny part is, the car pictured above with the s54 in it was one of the first in US to receive the Euro s50, years ago

Comment

I'm pretty sure the s54 is cheaper than the s52. Made a bunch of them because so many were blowing up.

Comment

You still cant find a s54 for under 6k. I have 4 s52's in my shop that i cant sell for 3500?

Comment

Working...
                    X