VIS Racing hood doesn't fit... they suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Level View Post
    How 'bout some more info on M3Bob's CF hoods? Anyone have one that can tell us about it? M3Bob - Can you tell us about your hoods?
    I don't think it's cf..it's fg. like Lee was saying it's not for bling, it's for light weight, well made Ogz
    :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

well tomorrow i will be calling VIS see what bullsh** excuse they come up with for not being able to give me my money back....

Comment

Ditto all of the above.
        I have one VIS hood.
        It pretty much sucks.
        It was cheap.
        Its lighter than stock.
        I adjusted it to minimise the crappy look, but their hood mold is just mediocre at best. Not a poorly made hood, just a shitty mold.

Many other better ones out there, but not at that price point.
        hth
        jimmy p.
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

If they give you the "everyone loves their hood" line again you can point them to this thread:burn:
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Don'tbuy the one from Ireland- it is a POS too. I received my FiberArtz hood yesterday and it looks good. I'd recommend it. It was $600 + $200 for shipping (ouch).

Comment

People spend 400 dollarsd (half the price of any other CF hood before this came along), a large CF piece which is even harder to make fit right and has flaws only a small percentage of the population will notice and they complain. People, its a trade-off. NOTHING FITS EXACTLY LIKE OEM! Especially large composite pieces. For the price it fits great....for the price. Unless, of course youd like to spend 800+ dollars on a hood. Sorry if I sound like a prick and ViS has been quite the asshole in all my dealings with them (I am close friends to the person who came to them to make a hood). They treated you badly, thats fucked up.

Mariano
              Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Competition Concept has what seems to be a great CF hood. It is $900 but you get a perfect fit for that price... And real CF.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

I have a VIS hood and fitment was good. Maybe you do need to just move it forward. The curve on it is noticeable but is something you have to look for. If you just glance at it it's nothing that I can tell.

Comment

Honestly, I have a VIS CF hood as well and the fitment on mine is very good. Although, my hood is one of the older generation and I heard that older hoods fit better than the new generations - thought, I saw a comment about this as well.

just my .02
                    -Adrian
                    I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                      Competition Concept has what seems to be a great CF hood. It is $900 but you get a perfect fit for that price... And real CF.
                      I have the Competition Concepts hood for my track car. It is CF, I painted the top and left the underneath plain CF. It looks stock from the outside. It is a very high quality piece. www.competitionconcepts.com

Comment

Sean, are you saying that you have had 'zero' issue and the fit is 'perfect?'

Thanks

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Competition Concepts hood mounted IIRC:

Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

For the prices CC wants, I'd expect them to be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                              Competition Concepts hood mounted IIRC:
                              Looks great. How does t look close-up/fit?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                Looks great. How does t look close-up/fit?
                                I honestly can't comment.

Those photos are from a gentleman who lives in WA state, he is on R3VLimited under the screename: Nando His first name is also Chris.
                                I'm sure he will post better/more photos once his car is fully re-assembled.

I was just posting these as reference.

-C
                                Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Working...
                                X