Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethane Motor mounts ???

So i ordered a set of urethane motor mounts from Bimmer World,
    And today i went to install them, Previous i asked about the mounts some may recall and a few guys said that i might need to install maybe 3/8 inch spacer to take some difference out of the lenght.
    I pulled out the stock mount and noticed a HUGE difference in lenght so i put a 3/8 spacer and installed the mount. I lowered the engine and my CF airbox hit the Master Brake lines before the thread of the mount even went through the hole of the motor mount bracket, LOL any suggestions. The stock mounts are like almost 2 inches longer if not a little more. Is it impossible to use the urethane mounts in a E30 M3.
    Thanks Guys
    Tony
    -Tony-
    1991 M3 10Km
    1989 M3
    BEGINS HERE

I didn't think there were any that Bimmerworld sold. Are you sure they weren't 325 mounts? Or maybe they are selling the IE mounts... I would add a bigger spacer
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

why? Grp. A mounts woudd fit perfectly and achieve the desire effect.
      1990 e30 m3

Comment

cost would probably be the factor here.

I need a solution for this as well

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner View Post
          I didn't think there were any that Bimmerworld sold. Are you sure they weren't 325 mounts? Or maybe they are selling the IE mounts... I would add a bigger spacer
          AlpineRunner, they are the yellow urethane ones on there site, It shows th exact ones i recieved, i just dont unerstend how they are gonna work,the one sold at Turner motor sports The Grp N look exactly like the orignals.

https://secure7.nexternal.com/shared...t=products.asp
          -Tony-
          1991 M3 10Km
          1989 M3
          BEGINS HERE

Comment

The link is not working, its the Ireland Engineerine Motor Mounts.
            -Tony-
            1991 M3 10Km
            1989 M3
            BEGINS HERE

Comment

Bimmerworld does not sell urethane motor mounts for the S14. You got motor mounts for an E30 325i.
              -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Serious, they told me specificly that they where for a E30 M3, LOOOL maybe thats why they dont work, freakn sales rep
                -Tony-
                1991 M3 10Km
                1989 M3
                BEGINS HERE

Comment

Maybe Bimmerworld sent you the wrong mounts? I just checked on the Bimmerwolrd site and they do sell the Ireland Engineering urethane mounts for the M3. Call ireland engineering, bmw2002.com, at (626) 359-7674 and ask them why they don't fit. They will be able to help you.
                  Sebastian
                  1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

I run the Ireland ones. No spacer required. They are shorter because they are stiffer. They won't compress like the rubber ones. As for the Grp_N mounts, at $800 per pair, I'd rather buy Ireland's $125/set and have money left in my pocket.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                    1989 M3 racecar
                    e39 Touring

Comment

i am using irelands urethane mounts and i would also recommend them they compliment the s14 very well.

Comment

Thanks Guys, ill check tomorow with bimmerworld and see what ones they sent, i did seach and seen the ones for the 325 and they look pretty much the same, again thanks

Tony
                        -Tony-
                        1991 M3 10Km
                        1989 M3
                        BEGINS HERE

Comment

Tony, what did you end up doing. I also ordered the IE mounts from Bimmerworld and my CF box is hitting the brake lines.

Thanks,
                          Colin

Comment

Just remember, that stock rubber mounts will compress a little more than harder poly or solid mounts, so there will likely be a small difference in length/depth of the mount.

- Brendan
                            sigpic
                            Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

Vorshlag offers dirrect replacement urethane mounts in a couple differnet hardnesses. Big props to Vorshlag guys for making new products for our 20 year old cars!
                              What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X