Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air filter size and air flow requirements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ///CRISS
    replied
    I'll try to get pics of mine. I thought there was an online link for the CF installation.

Leave a comment:

• Mdriver
    replied
    I was going to make my own filter and filter housing using regular air duct filters wrapped around a custom made frame. Has anyone made their own?

- gabor

Leave a comment:

• 1990m3
    replied
    show us pics!!! i'm working on one too but I'm having trouble coming up with something I really like

Leave a comment:

• ///Mflossin
    replied
    not yet. I did a one off piece from 1/8" plexiglass lexan. I am cutting the hole and fitting a small 1/8" round section of 2.75" tube for the angled conical filter....should be nice. I am going to paint it black and seal it from the inside.....should look factory. Filter cleaning shoudl also be a breeze though I'll probably only need to do it once every 5 years with the low miles I drive.

Leave a comment:

• cramer
    replied
    Originally posted by ///CRISS View Post
    How are you figuring the airflow????

BTW I bought the whole kit from John and it has a CF filter housing. It fits the stock filter size.

///Criss
    any pics of the filter housing?

Leave a comment:

• ///Mflossin
    replied
    Originally posted by ///CRISS View Post

BTW I bought the whole kit from John and it has a CF filter housing. It fits the stock filter size.

///Criss

K&N Tech figured it out using displacement converted into CC's and highest engine RPM. he was able to calculate what the CFM would be and what CFM the filter could provide.

Leave a comment:

• ///CRISS
    replied

///Criss

Leave a comment:

• ///Mflossin
    replied
    Found out that my application will flow approximately 345CFM at 7800 RPM and Renault filter is too small so I bumped up to a different filter that will allow for 475CFM and it will take MINOR modification to what I have already designed.

Leave a comment:

• ///Mflossin
    started a topic Air filter size and air flow requirements...

Air filter size and air flow requirements...

I am fabricating a filter configuration for my CF airbox and the first configuration I am trying incorporates a panel filter who's dimensions are 3.5" wide by 7.25" long. Close to 2" inches deep. Is this going to flow enough air to satify my DTM box and stock throttles? Motor displacement is 2.5L and the filter is designed for a stock Renault airbox. :err:
Working...
X