Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oem sway bar bushings, Urethane or rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oem sway bar bushings, Urethane or rubber?

I did a search here and found BMP has urethane bushings for $39.00
    http://www.bmpdesign.com/category-exec/category_id/56

I want to keep the stock bars for now, any reason not to go urethane bushings & stock sway bars? Have always gone with larger bars in the past that came with urethane bushings. To those who have done this, is it worth it over rubber bushings? Any noticeable difference over rubber?
    Thanks!

I installed the BMP bushings just last month. I have not experienced any problems with them (no extra noises or anything). I will say that urethane bushings will be more efficient than rubber, as they deflect less and transmit forces to the ARB more effectively.

Christopher
    Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

The urethane creaks over speed bumps after a few years. Disassembly and relubrication once in a while is the only downside. Upside is that they do what WBSAK said and it's better than OEM, and a sensible mod to even to someone interested in a stock car during resale.

Comment

I 've had the urethane on the front stock bar for 3 yrs.
        I lube them each spring with Sil-glyde. No noise.

m

Comment

Thanks! I am familiar with urethane bushings, was curious if they make a noticeable difference on a stock sway bar? All the aftermarket bars I have installed came with urethane.

Comment

Thanks,
            ordered a 19mm, 14.5mm rear.

Comment

Now that you've ordered the bushings, you'll be ok.
              They quicken the response of the car to steering input.
              The front you sense as a very slight increase in undrsteer, which it is not.( It feels like the addition of a front strut tower brace to me) It simply means you slow the speed of your steering input a smidge (smoother input).

m

Comment

Thanks Mark.
                I am just rebuilding the things that need attention more or less stock 1st.
                (Its been on blocks going on 3 weeks, almost done) for now.
                Only non stock items so far - evo wheel, short shifter 1.9 Z3, Bill. Sports, pads, Bushings, tires & fluids.
                All other new parts are OEM.
                Now that the stock springs are out its tempting to throw in some Eibach's.
                But will drive / track it stock for a yr. or so then decide.
                Thanks again for all the info!.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X