Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the fastest you have gone in your M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car gets to 110mph too easily and too quickly. I will accelerate for a passing move and the next thing you know, you are at 110mph. This is deceiving because the car does not make any noise to indicate you are at this speed, no wheel vibrations, just a rock solid connection to the ground.

- gabor
    October 1987 build date.

Comment

I did 130................ km/h :wee:

Comment

indicated 150mph

Comment

Originally posted by FLarimer View Post
          Hiya - you folks know how to make me smile - reading Dominic's post at the very beginning of this thread and to see someone quote from something I wrote. Just so you know, I got the info from the - at the time - official BMW NA press release so it *was* correct for OE US-spec cars only.

Any of you have a copy of my book? It'd be my pleasure to autograph it for you if we can figure out a way to get it to me and back to you.

E30M3's - love 'em. BTW, that's mine on the cover of the book.

Cheers,
          fL
          Fred,
          I have your book of course It would be neat to have you autograph it. Where are you located? I'm in North Carolina.

Dominic

Comment

"You must drive this car before you die, it really is that good." BMWCar Magazine re:the e30m3; Oct. 2002

Comment

149ish through the potato fields in the Middle of Nowhere, Wisconsin.

133 just before heavy braking for Canada Corner at Road America. I think I had a 20mph tail wind and took the KINK at 115. (yes, major pucker factor)
              1988 Diamond Black / track
              2006 4 Runner LTD V8 / DD
              2003 Tahoe Z71 trail / tugger / 225,000 miles (3 trannys, same original engine)
              1992 325ic S52, OBDI, M3 suspension (Finished!) Fast and Fun for the Mom
              2011 Superfly (Nirvana!)

sigpic

Comment

iv done 158 mph in the south of france and got a vid on my phone to.it was mental going that fast.me and a friend who have a honda where racing from the south of france to st marlo and we only ever droped below 125 mph to pertol and round abouts etc.that was a drive for sure 7 hours long of hard core racing
                Do it fast or not atall!

Comment

I haven't gone over 200Klm p/h in my E30 but did get my E34 M5 to 277 klm p/h took as long to get from 0-270 as it did to get from 270-277 was crazy
                  86 E30 M3 stock
                  88 EvoII resto in progress
                  84 M635csi JPS replica
                  Searching for an E9 for a S38 transplant

***to be added when i can afford it***
                  M1
                  Sport Evo
                  3.0 CSL batmobile
                  and maybe an evo2 190E

Comment

130ish going into turn 3 at lowes motor speedway............SCARY......:OMG:

T

Comment

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:
                      Wow thats pretty fast to go into a turn. I'm too chicken for that......
                      1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

It was tuen 3 on the NASCAR track. Those high bank turns are not for the road race car. The suspension loaded all the way up. There used to be a huge bump in that corner. When you would hit it it with the loaded suspension, the car would go up the track towards the wall. :drive: You had to look out the drivers window to see the rest of the track. If you looked out the windshield you would run right into the wall. Then the track out at turn 4 right up to the wall was SCARY as hell too.:peekaboo: it would jump out and get you.

T

Comment

At Bruntingthorpe I hit 154mph on gps with over 300BHP. I had 17in wheels dogleg box euro diff and it was waaaay off the speedo. I did run out of room but it would nt have gone much more than that. Maybe 156MPH max.

With a 3.73 ratio E28 M5 diff does anybody know how fast it will go? (in theory of course)
                          I'm dropping the hammer!!!!!

Comment

145mph on speedo........

*WTD, O/S front fender liner*

Comment

Around 150.... in my e36.

Comment

I did around 130mph on the motorway last week. That is the fastest i have done so far. I don't usually drive at top speed, but just wanted to see what it was like. the car felt very solid and stable. I couldn't see no cars behind me :cheer2:
                                There is only one M3, the E30 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X