Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, finally got a front plate ticket for my euro plate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, finally got a front plate ticket for my euro plate...

Well, I just went to my car at lunch to find a parking ticket for no front plate.
    I have a Euro plate on there, and I guess the cop was having a bad day cuz now I owe him $30.
    I will just put the stock plate on to get inspected, and then its back off for my euro one again.
    4 years without getting nailed for this, and finally it happens.
    Good thing I am getting a second car and I won't be driving to work anymore (got a go-ped to ride there on) so I won't have to worry about this again...

anyone know how to get the fine lowered? I want to do it just for the sake of it
    Ryan G. MotorWorks

'72 2002tii Inka/Black (Restoring- then FS)
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '04 Mini Cooper S 6spd White/Black
    http://www.ryangmw.com

Re: Damn, finally got a front plate ticket for my euro plate...

Originally posted by M3 Ryan
    Well, I just went to my car at lunch to find a parking ticket for no front plate.
    I have a Euro plate on there, and I guess the cop was having a bad day cuz now I owe him $30.
    I will just put the stock plate on to get inspected, and then its back off for my euro one again.
    4 years without getting nailed for this, and finally it happens.
    Good thing I am getting a second car and I won't be driving to work anymore (got a go-ped to ride there on) so I won't have to worry about this again...

anyone know how to get the fine lowered? I want to do it just for the sake of it
    Bro, I thought it was just a fix-it ticket. I have gotten a few and I put the plate on and get it signed off by a police officer then it is only $10.

HTH,

Comment

I just had a court date for having no front plate.

My problem is that I cannot order new plates since my registration is not current. the fees are paid, but they will not issue me a new sticker until I can pass smog. Well it failed once again last week, so no front plates.

I explained this to the judge and he dismissed the whole ticket! (it was an $1800 ticket, I ended up paying only $100 and a $10 court fee ) that shows why it pays to go to court!

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

these keep the system running! lol. i am wondering when ill gt mine. but i dont drie my car anymore. so i dont think it will happen
        "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
        "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
        onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

can you tell the court your plate got stolen and you are waiting for a replacement.

Comment

"can you tell the court your plate got stolen and you are waiting for a replacement"

Do you have the report that shows the plate was stolen and that you have applied for a replacement? If not you're SOL.

Comment

How in the heck is that an $1800 ticket?!
              Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
              1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

I dont put on te front plate but I have it along with the bracket in the trunk just incase so I can say I just got the part...

Comment

I am just going to say I have this euro bumper and there is no holes for a plate (there arn't)... I will put the stock plate on but say that I am getting my new front bumper painted becuase the shop sent me the wrong one... it has worked before when I talked my way out of a ticket, but that was in person, this time my car was parked, it was defenseless I tell you!!
                  Ryan G. MotorWorks

'72 2002tii Inka/Black (Restoring- then FS)
                  '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                  '04 Mini Cooper S 6spd White/Black
                  http://www.ryangmw.com

Comment

Working...
                  X