Newfoundland targa 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newfoundland targa 2007

Three S14 M3 will be competing in the upcoming Targa in Newfoundland, Canada as well as two 2002s and a few newer BMWs.

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/car...7&number=targa

Fun to watch on Speed when they recap the week long event.
    I need more power!

I will be there, crewing for Roy Hopkin's 1969 BMW 2002, and probably helping a few other persons. If you guys with M3s have a question, don't hesitate to get to me.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

Comment

that's pretty cool, some nice cars there.. what class do the e30 m3s run at? I can't imagine them being in the same class with Subaru WRX STis

Comment

I'll be there, with Brian Beckett (BBM3), pit crewing for Will Atkinson (WillTX) and Nick (Nicos). Flying out tommorrow. Will and Nick are already there, and they have a blog for anyone interested;

http://odysseyms.blogspot.com/
        What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Just read the first update on the blog from our TX Targa driver and copilot...

to say it is humorous would be an understatement!
          Mark Williams
          Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

705 - Odyssey Motorsport
            DRIVER
            Nick Papayianis, Ft. Worth, TX, USA
            CO-DRIVER
            Will Atkinson, Ft. Worth, TX, USA
            VEHICLE
            1988 BMW M3
            DESCRIPTION
            Nick Papayianis
            Nick is an engineer by day where he feels so oppressed within his small cubicle, that he feels the need to release his energy (and savings account) doing the thing he enjoys most; driving. Nick has been a high speed driving instructor and racer for a number of years, including being a passenger in his co-driver’s car when a valve decided to seek a more intimate relationship with the piston below it. Having been to a lot of the tracks closest to his current residence in Texas (nothing is really all that close in Texas), he decided to go somewhere far away to satisfy that speed bug and participate in the first Targa event he saw on TV. Thanks to a fateful coin toss, he is listed as driver for the event, but his goal will to be two-fold; drive as fast as he can and ignoring the screams of his “navigator” and make sure his co-driver (not just navigator) is following his instructions.

Will Atkinson
            Will is the unlucky party who never wins coin tosses, but has had some better luck in racing. He is emphatically NOT an engineer and saying the term ‘differential equation’ while he’s driving will automatically cause the car to spin out. Will has been instructing and racing for three years with more DNFs while in the lead than wins. Luckily, even the kitchen sink is making the trip to Newfoundland, so all should be well. As a salesman of sorts by trade, he will spend much of the time there convincing Nick that he should be doing the driving and that engineers are really more suited to the technicalities of a rally computer. As a native Texan, this will also be the farthest north Will has been by a considerable margin, but it’s all worth it for Targa.
            sigpic
            Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

That would be us. I just updated the blog too.
              Speed, as Iíve said many times before, makes you cleverer.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

you guys gotta post some pics when you get back

Comment

The only thing Will enjoys more than taking pictures is driving. Be careful what you ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by WillM3 View Post
                    That would be us. I just updated the blog too.
                    Will,
                    Thanks for posting the blog, it's great to follow along with your adventures. Do you guys have a high res version of the fan card thumbnail shown on your blog page?

Good luck! :drive:
                    Dominic

Comment

The slackers aren't updating their blog.

The best I can tell (I really can't read the results that well)...but it appears they are first in class after the first day (also looks like they are tied for the overall lead due to no penalties during the first day).

Basic results: http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/...7DetailUS0.htm

More details: http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/...arga/index.htm

Comment

TOTAL slackers... it's been 3 days! :lostme:
                        Mark Williams
                        Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Well, it's a bit hard when there's no internet, not to mention we're in the middle of something. I've posted two updates tonight.

We were in the car for 10 hours yesterday, so don't say we're slackers.

We're also fourth overall and winning our class handily, so it's going well.

Will
                          Speed, as Iíve said many times before, makes you cleverer.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

seen any moose yet? and no-not moosehead beer either.

Was the other M3 damaged badly after visiting the ditch in the first day?

They've updated the blog for the last 2 days....
                            I need more power!

Comment

You are still 3000 miles away so I can call you a slacker all I want. I'll just hide during Ofest. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X