Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel starvation,,,,,,,,Injector limits?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel starvation,,,,,,,,Injector limits?????

I got the adjustable cam gears installed and the cams dilaed in to exact spec. The car has serious power loss starting at 5K all the way to redline. Here is a datalog of the RPM, A/F, and AFM volts. notice the drop off in the RPM's and the leveling out of the volts from the AFM. All the while the car is at WOT. I raised the fuel pressure to about 51psi and no help.

Here is the torque curve

PLEASE HELP......

Tony

Tony, are you using the Korman adjustable cam gears or the OEM adjustable gears John posted? I'm curious since I'm looking to get a set as well. Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you with your problem. Stan wasn't able to help you? I noticed you've had these problems for a long time now, ever since installing your Split Second MAF kit. How about consulting with professional tuners?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I have the Turner gears. I sold the SS unit. There are no professional tuners near me. The closest "tuner" is McHenry in NC. There is only one Dyno in my town and they do not even have a WBO2 monitoring.

Stan has been a ton of help, but we can only do so much over the phone.

I have been testing the AFM and found a few "issues" with it. I am trying to find someone with a known good to see.

I have also talked to Ralph Angersbach, who has the same exact setup as I. He is putting down 202rwhp with these cams, JC chip, and the AFM.

Comment

That is interesting you keep having troubles with that setup.. you're not the first one who has had probs though. I wonder why your friend is getting so much, how is is different?
        Alex McHenry

Comment

Working...
        X