No announcement yet.

MAXX TPS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cable isn't attached... this was manually opening the throttles.
    1990 e30 m3

Comment

I don't know about the voltages, but my TPS reads from 12.5 to 94.5

Comment

Glad you solved the problem with the Maxx kit. Attach the throttle cable and make sure you're able to reach 93% with the gas pedal all the way down. Chances are it won't reach the same value as manually opening up the TBs by hand. Speaking of stretched cables I guess this is what happened to mine because I had to shim the end of the cable to effectively make it shorter.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Adjust the throttle stop to get the required arc/throttle opening (see my earlier post)

Comment

Just a word of caution when it comes to adjusting the cable or cable stop at the TB. The pedal stop (screwed into your firewall) is the primary stop. You should never contact the stop on the throttle body. You can generate some serious forces with your right foot. If you are contacting the TB stop then all that stress is going right into those little TB linkages. This is how throttle plates and spindles get bent.

Whenever you adjust your cable you are also changing how close you're coming to the stop on the TB. If you crank it all the way down you WILL contact the TB stop first and you may damage your TB's.

Just something to be aware of before you or someone else goes looking for that 10 free horsepower by adjusting your cable.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X