Source for Barometric sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Barometric sensor.

I need a Barometric sensor for my M2 and the local dealer is an extortionist
    (try 6 times the figures I've seen quoted in searching the board!) and the part needs to come from Germany anyway.

Can anyone recommend a source that is prepared to send the module to Australia and doesn't charge the earth?

Oh and I don't want to start a debate on the whether I need one or not. I've read a number of posts and see the merit in both arguments.

Thanks

Hey Sneaky, try Don McAdams, the man's a freak !!!! If he can get it in a week or so he is sending me out some parts. Where are you located, I'm in Sydney?

Aaron

http://shop.mcadamsautosport.com/main.sc

Cheers Don :chug:

"But most of all...
    ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Oh and I don't want to start a debate on the whether I need one or not. I've read a number of posts and see the merit in both arguments.

Thanks
      Don Fields will tell you that you don't need the barometric sensor, it has to be un-plugged :wee:

Comment

I new and functioning Baro sensor is better than having an unknown sensor unplugged.
        "Never lift"

Comment

Go to the wreckers and match the part number up to the one in a 325,it worked for me.
          -Tony-
          1991 M3 10Km
          1989 M3
          BEGINS HERE

Comment

And i forgot if you dont find one let me know i have a one or two in one of the boxes, Ill have to search for it, that i can send out to you.
            -Tony-
            1991 M3 10Km
            1989 M3
            BEGINS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
              Don Fields will tell you that you don't need the barometric sensor, it has to be un-plugged :wee:
              Not even Don would make that argument for an S14 run at any sort of elevation much beyond sea-level. (Don is wrong anyway.) And even if you do live at a low elevation don't drive your car to any sort of elevation with the baro unplugged. In Denver, my S14 will barely run with the baro unplugged it's so rich. For those of us at elevation, a baro (or something like it ) is *required*.

Buy a new baro & plug it in. The junk yard is not the place to find one either - we're talking about a $100 sensor here, not window switches.

-Dietrich

Comment

Ok, we're getting a little off the topic, I understand that this is an ongoing debate, and to each there own.

I am looking for somewhere other than the local dealer for a baro sensor. The local dealer wants more than $700 AUD which is criminal considering it has to come from Germany and will most likely take weeks.

I am simply looking for recommendations for somone who stocks this part other than a dealer.

Comment

Sorry Sneaky.

According to my notes, its part no. 13-62-1-286-679. Pelicanparts.com lists it for $115 USD. Don't know if they do international shipping. Might find it cheaper somewhere else. Don McAdams has great customer service and can probably ship to Mars if you like.

HTH,
                  -Dietrich

Comment

700 tell them to lay off the pipe. Like Dietrich said pelicanparts.com has it listed for $115. http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...I1.x=13&I1.y=7 Im sure shipping wont kill you since its such a small part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougy Fresh View Post
                      700 tell them to lay off the pipe. Like Dietrich said pelicanparts.com has it listed for $115. http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...I1.x=13&I1.y=7 Im sure shipping wont kill you since its such a small part.

Unfortunately thats what we have to pay down here in Mexico LMAO, I was going to be charged $135 for the coolant tank level sensor.

Sneaky, did you read my first post??? Don is very good and extremely reliable. If you sort it out quick with him he may be able to post it with my stuff, save you a few $$$$ on postage.
                      I won't feel bad if you don't want to though..........:idea:

Aaron :chug:

"But most of all...
                      ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

I will buy it for you and send it to the land down under, if Don cant. I just sent an iphone to member in Germany.

Send me a pm if you want. But I suggest you talk to Don. He ships to Oz.
                        "Never lift"

Comment

Working...
                        X