• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShiftBMW
    Schachmeister
    • 6, 6, 2006

Originally posted by kiko View Post
    Slim to none.
    To clarify, by wrist pin, I meant the whole piston to rod connection(pin, piston, small end of rod, etc). Does this still stand? Sorry, I should have been more concise from the get go.

By the way, thanks for all the advice thusfar!!
    Last edited by ShiftBMW; 12-26-2007, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• kiko
      Ex-Evo II
      • 1, 1, 2007

I'm yet to see an S14 with wrist pin slack (but yours could be the first, I know). I've only saw an S14 doing piston slap but at cold but that's it. This is NOT one of the S14's weak points.

Comment

• newe30m3owner
        Registered
        • 12, 6, 2006

Re: valve adjustments......most of you guys adjust your own or do you take your car to the local s14 mechanic?
        I need to have mine checked (possibly adjusted).....how much should this run me?? Is this a 2hr project?

Comment

• M3 Adjuster
          Old dawg, new backyard
          • 25, 11, 2004

correct.. 1.5-2 hrs is probably a shop's book time... you need a valve tappet depressor that runs about $110 for an aftermarket item to do the job. Also you would need the proper size shims.. It runs about $350-400 to buy a full shim kit from BMW. Some people have purchased the kit, others create their own from shims that they have removed. there is another thread about this if you search.
          Mark Williams
          Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

• newe30m3owner
            Registered
            • 12, 6, 2006

Thanks for the intel.

Comment

Working...
            X