2.5 block 2.3 crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 block 2.3 crank

This is kind of a what-if question. Did any teams ever run a 2.5 block/custom pistons and /or rods with a 2.3 crank?
    If so what was the outcome?

A 2.4L?

ADA///M :evil:

Comment

Right, but I was thinking that that combo would be more rev-happy than if a 2.5 crank were used.

Comment

Right...

By doing that you would be making it more "under-square" (if i have my terms right)...which would be more rev-happy top end type hp...

The 2.5 crank creates more torque and makes the engine more "over-square"...aka less rev-happy...but it is a s14 so im sure its not that noticeable...

Unless i am really mixing up my terms...

ADA///M

Comment

No, by using a 2.3 crank you would be making it more over-square(larger bore than stroke). Undersquare is when the stroke is longer than the bore size. Using a 2.5 liter crank wouldnt be the opposite though, because either way, the bore is still bigger than the stroke. So... using a 2.3 crank vs. a 2.5 crank would be in fact the difference between slightly more over-square and slightly less over-square, not the differnece between oversquare and undersquare. BTW, I'm pretty sure you have your terms backwards.
          Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
          1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

Working...
          X