Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

ECU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marques
    replied
    ECU's are interchangeable among all E30 M3's, provided the right chip is used. Not all stock chips work with all ECU's, but most aftermarket chips do.

-Luis

Leave a comment:

• wld_tony
    replied
    Just match up the the part number on your friends ECU and you'll be fine, I have a Euro spec m3 and received the ECU from a member in the US. Just make sure the numbers match.

Leave a comment:

• PrinceE30
    started a topic ECU Question

ECU Question

I've got a friend who's brother's E30 M3 has dropped its ECU. He needs a replacement. He's under the impression that the European M3 has a different sized engine and needs a different ECU than the US versions. I've stated to him the difference in the M3 EVO, COECETTO, etc. and stated that unless he has a special edition E30 M3 or has done some crazy engine work, a standard replacement ECU will work with all E30 M3s. Before I message him back telling him he's wrong, I just want to confirm that even if he did have a Euro spec E30 M3, the ECUs in the European and US E30 M3s have the same wiring harness (loom) that connect and either would work.

I've looked on http://www.realoem.com but there seem to be a few different part numbers depending upon the year of the car. Can any one elaborate further what I need to confirm to help him out.

Thanks all!
Working...
X