How to tell if my car is square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell if my car is square

Starting the rebuild on my '89. By the history of the previous owner I was told that a deer was hit by the front left quarter. By the crumples and repairs as well as a new windshield this seem likely. I want to make sure the repair was done correctly. Where can I find the dimensions for the front end to see if the shock towers are set right, the frame rails are straight, etc. I know I can take it to a frame shop, but if it is close I don't want to have to haul it on a trailer in the snow up here in the North Coast.

TIA, Rob

ps I would post pics if someone would tell me how (do I need to have them stored somewhere else on the net?)

1989 Diamond Black M3
    2004 Jet Black 330i ClubSport

You can measure and x across left from to right rear in the engine bay and right front to left rear from factory reference points meaning holes or bolt heads in the exact spot and find out nice and easy .

Comment

there are som pictures around here that show body measurements when on rigs like celeste and the like. I couldnt find them easily, so will only leave this message.

Comment

would this help?

Comment

Rob,

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=3

Scroll down a bit for some picture links posted by MarcM3. Good post!

If you click on the GALLERY tab, you can directly upload your (M3 related) pics & post them up....

Don McAdams
          1988 E30 M3
          "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

was this the one that was repaired using 325i clips and fenders that was recently on eBay!? Damn deer..
            sigpic
            Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
              was this the one that was repaired using 325i clips and fenders that was recently on eBay!? Damn deer..
              No, old injury, just want to make sure it's straight before I redo the body work and suspension.

Thanks for the links and diagram!!!

Rob

1989 Diamond Black M3
              2004 Jet Black 330i ClubSport

Comment

Working...
              X