Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdercoat (in SD)?

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to have my airbox and valve cover powdercoated crinkle black. I would do it myself, but I don't want to ruin the FG airbox. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in 92115. Also, if anyone has had it done, how much did it run you? Thanks

Chris

*EDIT*
    Since I hope a lot of the SD guys will chime in here, I was also wondering if you guys knew of any good exhaust shops around here. Looking to get a custom single exhaust welded up to go along with my alpha-N/airbox install.
    Last edited by CeeP; 12-21-2007, 09:20 AM.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
    original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
    win races on the track, not the street. It
    got the job done."

Chris,

The oven for powdercoating gets to about 450 degrees F. Your fiberglass will be toast by that point. If you spray with VHT wrinkle spray paint, you only need to slightly heat it. Check with the FG manufacturer (JEDM3?) first to make sure it can handle the temperature...
    Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Good point, John said it could handle the oven heat ( I think the crinkle paints only need to be heated to ~100* )

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
      original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
      win races on the track, not the street. It
      got the job done."

Comment

CeeP....call San Diego Powder Coating in Santee at 619-956-0987. When Michele (secretary) answers, look for Philip or Bob. A cleaned, ready to powder coat valve cover will go around $50 - $70. I did not ask for the air box since I do not want it powder coated.
        Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
        '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
        '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
        '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
        '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
        '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
        '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

Working...
        X