fuel delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel delivery

I've got a fuel pump question for the S14 in my M2. When I put the S14 in back in 1995, Pete McHenry recommended using an in-tank prepump from an '84 318i and an electric pump from 2002 tii. I took Pete's recommendation, and saw 45 psi at the fuel rail. However, I'm a little concerned with my CF airbox and MegaSquirt that I may have a higher fuel demand than the stock S14. Back in '95 Jim Conforti burned a custom chip for me, and at the time said he was getting 210 hp from stock S14s with that eprom.

Now that I've deleted the MAF and have a straight shot to the intake plenum with a CF airbox and big ITG free-flow airfilter and can program the fuel and spark with MegaSuirt, I'm wondering if I might get a little more air for more hp and need larger injectors, and thus more fuel. I made some quick fuel calculations based on 200 hp, and assuming an 80% duty cycle it looks like I might need 32 lb/hr injectors instead of stock 24 lb/hr. This also means I'd need minimal 128 lb/hr fuel flow, and probably a little higher for safety. I'll have to actually measure the pump output from the fuel rail, but if the tii pump flows 174 lb/hr then I should be able to keep my current pump setup but need larger injectors.

Does this sound right, or have I missed a decimal place somewhere?
    Thanks,
    Ian
    '76 M2

If you didn't solve your fueling issue, I have 2 sets of 30 lb./hr injectors (high or low impedance), with a 3.5 or 4 BAR (Porsche / Bosch 944S) FPR you can get the added fuel you need.
    Rich!

Comment

Ian,

Totally unrelated to answering your problem...

I just wanted to let you know that your M2 was the first S14 powered 2002 I ever stumbled across. This was back on your previous website. I think I must have read your whole site almost weekly for a few months with my own twisted visions of a M2 in the future. I'm glad to see the car is still around and progressing forward!

Best of luck on the fuel resolution.
      -Chris
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Thanks, Chris. Always glad to provide entertainment in the "rust meets S14" category! It is a fun car.
        Ian
        '76 M2

Comment

Working...
        X