No announcement yet.

Custom Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paintpro - Yes, my cat will be permanently installed. In addition to the reasons stated above, it will save some $ to just have it permanently installed. I will install a resonator after the cat.

project86 - I agree with you in regards to published CFM numbers. I assume muffler companies are just protecting their interests by not supplying that data. Thanks for the compliment on my motor. But its not making the kind of power I believe it should which is why I'm on this exhaust project. I'll update everyone with the results this Spring.

-Dietrich

Comment

that sealant looks to be permatex 1372. I have been using it for years with no issues on separating parts.
      06 325i | 90 535iM | 90 M3

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Originally posted by arakele View Post
        that sealant looks to be permatex 1372. I have been using it for years with no issues on separating parts.
        Thanks for the info arakele! By the way, you're in Raleigh right? I'm in Durham - hope to see you around some time. There aren't too many green e30 M3s so you should be easy to spot!
        Dominic

Comment

This is the only green coupe that I have been able to find in the states. Not my first choice in color, but the price and location was right.

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Does anyone know how much Gustave spent on his 3" custom exhaust? I'm leaning towards that route, but want to know price range. I don't mind paying for quality, but not sure if I want to approach the $1.5k+ mark.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
            97 Porsche Carrera S
            13 Audi S6
            SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
            GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

if you don't get it tig welded you save money, if you don't go mandrel you'll save even more, if you have a cat welded in instead of on a slip pipe then its even cheaper. so you could get into a system like that installed for 800 and yes run up to 1500 to go all out.
              ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

those bends are not steep angles at all, so mandrel bends for that setup really would not inhibit the performance that much for a street car.

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Check out Burn's Stainless, they have nice pipe.
                  Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
                  1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car (Will Convert to M3 Spec soon)
                  1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
                  2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

www.TheTunerSource.com

Comment

Working...
                  X