Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F0Bman
    replied
    Check out Burn's Stainless, they have nice pipe.

Leave a comment:

• arakele
    replied
    those bends are not steep angles at all, so mandrel bends for that setup really would not inhibit the performance that much for a street car.

Leave a comment:

• paintpro21
    replied
    if you don't get it tig welded you save money, if you don't go mandrel you'll save even more, if you have a cat welded in instead of on a slip pipe then its even cheaper. so you could get into a system like that installed for 800 and yes run up to 1500 to go all out.

Leave a comment:

• SeattleE30///M3
    replied
    Does anyone know how much Gustave spent on his 3" custom exhaust? I'm leaning towards that route, but want to know price range. I don't mind paying for quality, but not sure if I want to approach the $1.5k+ mark.

Leave a comment:

• arakele
    replied
    This is the only green coupe that I have been able to find in the states. Not my first choice in color, but the price and location was right.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Originally posted by arakele View Post
    that sealant looks to be permatex 1372. I have been using it for years with no issues on separating parts.
    Thanks for the info arakele! By the way, you're in Raleigh right? I'm in Durham - hope to see you around some time. There aren't too many green e30 M3s so you should be easy to spot!

Leave a comment:

• arakele
    replied
    that sealant looks to be permatex 1372. I have been using it for years with no issues on separating parts.

Leave a comment:

• Dietrich
    replied
    Paintpro - Yes, my cat will be permanently installed. In addition to the reasons stated above, it will save some $ to just have it permanently installed. I will install a resonator after the cat.

project86 - I agree with you in regards to published CFM numbers. I assume muffler companies are just protecting their interests by not supplying that data. Thanks for the compliment on my motor. But its not making the kind of power I believe it should which is why I'm on this exhaust project. I'll update everyone with the results this Spring.

-Dietrich

Leave a comment:

• project86
    replied
    I have not used a Hooker Max Flow. There are a lot of factors that go into exhaust design, but the Max Flow is one of the few mufflers online that I have found flow numbers for. Most mufflers don't list the cfm, and for me this is important, I want to know what I am getting. I really wish that companies would list flow numbers, although I realize this would be counterproductive as most mufflers are sold on sound and not on their performance gains.

Dietrich,
    It sounds like you have a very very nice motor and I hope that you find an exhaust suitable for your car. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MikekiM
    replied
    I"m not sure what sealant it is, as the muffler shop put it in. We have since separated it without any difficulty at all.

Leave a comment:

• paintpro21
    replied
    So is your setup going to be a permanent cat or will you be pulling it out? If I were to do it again I would get one of those cherry bomb shaped resonators and install it before the main muffler. as my car at idle can clearly be heard from any room in the house with the current setup. All the guys at Edge Motorworks that trailor their cars and run tig welded titanium exhausts, even install these small resonators to take out some of that extra noise. I need to come up with something else for the tips because there is no way my setup will pass the db limit at Laguna.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Originally posted by Dougy Fresh View Post
    I wouldnt think so, even if it did all you would have to do is use some heat to break it loose. How often do you connect and disconnect the exhaust there anyway? I work at a honda dealer and see the techs use it for various tasks like oil pan gaskets, exhaust gaskets.
    It shouldn't need to come apart often, but for some reason lately I've had it apart several times...tranny bracket install, rear subframe r&r, and then muffler replacement.

Thanks for the info Doug.

Leave a comment:

• Dougy Fresh
    replied
    I wouldnt think so, even if it did all you would have to do is use some heat to break it loose. How often do you connect and disconnect the exhaust there anyway? I work at a honda dealer and see the techs use it for various tasks like oil pan gaskets, exhaust gaskets.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Originally posted by Dougy Fresh View Post
    on the exhaust sealant-honda has a sealant that is rated up to 329deg celsius it is called ultra flange. I'm sure it would work.
    Does that sealant make the flange hard to separate?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dougy Fresh
    replied
    on the exhaust sealant-honda has a sealant that is rated up to 329deg celsius it is called ultra flange. I'm sure it would work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X