Where in NY/CT Can I get a PPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in NY/CT Can I get a PPI?

Anyone know a good place in CT to get a Prepurchase inspection? The E30 M3 I am looking at is located in Greenwich CT so anywhere is the southwest corner of CT or the New York area would be great. You think that BMW of Greenwich would do it/ be a good idea?

Thanks,
    Scott

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since i cant find the edit button just want to add that the car i was looking at got sold so anywhere in the Northeast thats your guys would recommend for a PPI would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by BlackHawkRacing; 02-04-2008, 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bimmers Only in Bedford, NY. About 20-25 minutes from Greenwich. Graham, the shop owner, knows these cars inside and out. (914) 241-1084.

Comment

Originally posted by EdPhillips View Post
      Bimmers Only in Bedford, NY. About 20-25 minutes from Greenwich. Graham, the shop owner, knows these cars inside and out. (914) 241-1084.
      +1 for the Graham and the boys. They are a little pricey, but they definitely know our cars.

Comment

Be ready to pay out your A** at Bimmers only. I grew up about a mile from this shop and they are a bunch of conceded a-holes. Just my opinion but I would avoid them. My brother had a ppi done by them and they missed the fact that the whole firewall and cowl was rusted. First rain came along and the car was flooded inside. Unless your a regular with deep pockets these guys could care less about you.

Comment

How much we talking?

Comment

Originally posted by 88_MMM View Post
            Be ready to pay out your A** at Bimmers only. I grew up about a mile from this shop and they are a bunch of conceded a-holes. Just my opinion but I would avoid them. My brother had a ppi done by them and they missed the fact that the whole firewall and cowl was rusted. First rain came along and the car was flooded inside. Unless your a regular with deep pockets these guys could care less about you.

I'm sorry to hear that. The PO owner of my car was good friends with them and they have always done me right. I can do most of the things myself, but I'll leave some of the tougher things to them. They know my car, so I rather trust them with it than some shop that has no idea.

Comment

I live in Greenwich and could maybe, just maybe, arrange enough time to look at a car (work is incredibly busy so my time is very limited...but I do like to help if I can), before you take it somewhere to pay someone to have it up on a lift... My shop is in NJ, so I doubt your seller would want to take it there... Plus I have my shell on the lift right now.
              Anyway, PM me if you would like me to take a look at it.

Yeah, I know.... It has too many cylinders.

Comment

Where in NJ? one of the cars im looking at is in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by 88_MMM View Post
                  Their work is first-rate and they are 100% honest. That is my first-hand experience over 6-7 years, not a story a heard from my brother (which sounds vaguely familiar by the way, and if it's the same situation, remember there are at least 2 sides to every story). Their hourly rates are comparable to those at a dealership, but you get what you pay for. For a PPI, where you should expect to pay around $100 just about anywhere, they are a perfect option if you live in the area.

Comment

My shop is near Somerville, NJ.
                    However, my shell is on my lift and probably will be for a little while, while we fab up cage extensions, reinforcements, e36 diff mounts, pedal mounts, etc.

I live in CT.

Yeah, I know.... It has too many cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                    X