Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you install evo injectors with ECU chip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you install evo injectors with ECU chip.

Hi,

I get a set of EVO injectors becouse i was planning to install and Alpha-N, lately i have problems with my gearbox and i has decide to rebuilt it, but the money is not enoght for everything and now the Alpha-N has to wait.

So at this point will you install the EVO injectors with just and ECU CHIP?or they will put to much fuel on the engine and i will lose perfomance?.

My car is i race car so i dont care to much if the car expend some more fuel.

Thanks.

in a word, NO. Why mess up your (assume) fine running car? If you don't map your chip to the EVO injectors your AFR's will be off (rich). You will use too much petrol and loose power. Running too rich--> thinning your oil.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Agree with Uwe, no need for upsized injectors until the engine is modded and the oem injectors cannot provide the fuel required.
      Stay with the stock size for now.
      Cheers,
      John
      88M3 henna

73T100C
      97 540\6-Gone
      2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
        in a word, NO. Why mess up your (assume) fine running car? If you don't map your chip to the EVO injectors your AFR's will be off (rich). You will use too much petrol and loose power. Running too rich--> thinning your oil.

The point for me was that the evo injectors are rebuilt while the stock ones not, so the evo injectors should be in a better working order.

As far as i understant with a 2.3liters engine we only should use evo inyectors if the engine is highly modifate and using alpha-n staff.

Thanks.

Comment

I would just buy a set of rebuilt stock or have your rebuilt. Nothing gained by change. Probably combo is designed for 2.5 so will not run well anyway.
          Cheers,
          John
          88M3 henna

73T100C
          97 540\6-Gone
          2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Originally posted by toreto View Post
            The point for me was that the evo injectors are rebuilt while the stock ones not, so the evo injectors should be in a better working order
            Better working order? No. There is nothing wrong with your injectors if they are working presently. You are trying to solve a problem that does not exist, and you will create a problem by doing so. Installing larger injectors with no other changes will make things worse, not better.
            2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
            1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
            1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

What Ted said. put the injectors back on the shelf until you get the A/N setup.
              Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-06-2008, 11:08 AM.
              Mark Williams
              Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X