Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you choose Evo 2 or Evo 3 (Sport Evo)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you choose Evo 2 or Evo 3 (Sport Evo)?

From everything I've read in forums over the past few months, this is a question I've been wanting to ask you all for some time.

To some it may be a no-brainer, but I have read countless posts justifying both cars as the ultimate collectible - from map lights to bragging rights with M-cloth. So I just wanting to bring everyone to a hypothetic situation - say we go back 20 years, and BMW is offering 501 Evo 2s, and 600 Evo 3s (with a price difference of course) ... which one would you choose and why?

To Evo 2/3 owners, extreme bias is welcome ...
    ///M Cars ...
    '72 BMW 3.0 CSL #274/500
    '87 E30 M3 2.5L
    '90 E30 M3 Sport Evolution
    '05 E46 M3
    Others ....
    '99 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B #170/400, '02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A #308/500, '84 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX 20v

I've not driven a Sport Evo, but apparently they are not as sweet as the Evo 2. Externally I prefer the looks/spoilers/colours of an Evo 2, but I love the cloth in the Sport Evo (awful in leather though). The market values the Sport Evo more.

The best answer is one of each, or either

Comment

Originally posted by swindler View Post
      I've not driven a Sport Evo, but apparently they are not as sweet as the Evo 2. Externally I prefer the looks/spoilers/colours of an Evo 2, but I love the cloth in the Sport Evo (awful in leather though). The market values the Sport Evo more.

The best answer is one of each, or either
      as ultimate collectible ? Wrong car to have, M1 would be IT, as an enthusiast's joy - proly 240HP EVO 2.5L

Comment

It's got to be the Sport Evo. It's got the most "baller" interior of any E30 M3 variant hands down. It's the only M3 variant offered in Jet black. Recaro SR front seats, Mtech II suede wheel, suede gear shift knob, suede e-brake handle, 2.5L engine, unique adjustable front and rear spoilers. This car just looks like it means business, more so than the normal M3s.
        The Evo2 is more rare as far as production numbers go, but it shares many of it's parts with other M3s aside from engine components and ecu. The Sport Evo just has more unique parts I guess.
        Last edited by ///M3 Terr; 02-23-2008, 03:30 AM.
        Terrance

Comment

Evo III hands down. Evo II has a fugly front end and doesn't have the oh-so-sweet interior
          cars suck!!

Comment

Evo III. No question. This would have been an interersting poll.

Mariano

Comment

EVO III for sure

www.gms-taiwan.com.tw
              http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/gms-taiwan
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ///MKDeuce View Post
                Evo III hands down. Evo II has a fugly front end and doesn't have the oh-so-sweet interior
                I couldn't disagree more, the Evo II front end is probably one of its best qualities.
                Terrance

Comment

I would have thought maybe the 3.0 CSL Batmobile would be the ultimate collectible over the M1 - there's one for sale for 100,000 Euros at the moment
                  This is another debatable point - which is the ultimate BMW collectible between 3.0 CSL Bat, M1, E30 M3 Sport Evo, E46 M3 CSL
                  ///M Cars ...
                  '72 BMW 3.0 CSL #274/500
                  '87 E30 M3 2.5L
                  '90 E30 M3 Sport Evolution
                  '05 E46 M3
                  Others ....
                  '99 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B #170/400, '02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A #308/500, '84 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX 20v

Comment

Evo III all the way, the II doesnt do anything to me.
                    -Tony-
                    1991 M3 10Km
                    1989 M3
                    BEGINS HERE

Comment

Sport Evo for all the reasons Terr quoted

Comment

m

Evo III all the way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Since we're talking about EVO II vs III I think the EVO III has the nod due to the upgrades that everyone tends to add onto their cars in an attempt to make it as correct as the original.

But I think if we are talking collectible BMW's the M1 is at the top of the heap..c'mon a mid engine BMW / Lamborghini collabo... Fuggetaboutit! Then our beloved M3, 3.0 CSL, 2002 turbo, '01+ M Coupe, then back to the '88 M5/M6, '92 M5... sorry -the e46 M3 csl doesn't make my list, it has already been immortalized in video games.
                          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 02-24-2008, 05:24 AM.
                          Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                            But I think if we are talking collectible BMW's the M1 is at the top of the heap..c'mon a mid engine BMW / Lamborghini collabo... Fuggetaboutit! Then our beloved M3, 3.0 CSL, 2002 turbo, '01+ M Coupe, then back to the '88 M5/M6, '92 M5... sorry -the e46 M3 csl doesn't make my list, it has already been immortalized in video games.
                            This is OT but I think the BMW 507 has to be at the top of the collectability list, one sold for almost $900K last year.

Terrance

Comment

I like the Sport Evo in repsonse to the original question for the reasons Vlad cites.

The M1 is very collectible and really was the Ultimate of its day and still a great drive. The 507 is good looking of course, but I didn't find it very much fun to drive. I think the CSL's and even CS's as well are going to be very collectible some day. Having owned three of these I may be prejeudiced. I keep looking for a very nice early CS and will eventually have a perfect one of these to add to my garage. (Anyone with an early Nachtblau for sale, please contact me.)

Prices for E46 CSL's were initially low, but are picking up. However, I don't think they will be that collectible, because they don't have the same race success and history.

Gordon
                              1991 BMW M3 Alpinweiss
                              1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 20b Black
                              1990 Corvette ZR1
                              1987 Ferrari Testarossa
                              2007 Maserati QuattroporteAccount

Comment

Working...
                              X