Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 1

Hi all,

I had a chat with a Cecotto owner here in Holland about the Evo 1 M3's.

We've got VIN #2190762 so it is in the range of the EVO 1 VIN #...

But there are approximately 800 cars in this VIN range (2190005 - 2190787)

and there are only 505 EVO 1's made...

I have also heard that the EVO 1 is soley to be recognised as an Evolution 1 because of an 'E' stamped in the TB of cylinder #4. And that there are no additional spoilers, ///M3 logos in the doorsills etc.

I tried to have a look under this TB with a mirror, but without any luck...it was difficult to get light on the underside of the TB (tried to do this with a mirror) and I couldn't get the mirror in the right position...

So is there anyone out who can help me? Does anyone know which of the 800M3's VIN 2190005 - 2190787 is an original EVO 1? Or more specific, is #2190762 an EVO1?

Thanks in advance a lot, it's much appreciated:cheer2:

Regards

Joep
    www.m3e30.nl

Did you provide this info? http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=3733

"non-catalyst version with alarm, power sunroof, power windows, rear sunshade, Halon fire extinguisher, interior headlight adjustment, on-board computer, BMW Bavaria C radio with BMW Sound System, cassette holder"

My profile was also updated without me knowing it.

"non-catalyst version with 16-inch cross-spoke alloy wheels, power windows, warning triangle, interior headlight adjustment, on-board computer, BMW Bavaria C Electronic radio, cassette holder"

Ps. Some of the vin`s between 2190005 and 2190787 are missing in the ETK.
    Last edited by Carlo M3; 02-26-2008, 06:53 AM. Reason: Removed Yellow "Automerged Doublepost" Bar :p
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo M3 View Post
      Did you provide this info? http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=3733

"non-catalyst version with alarm, power sunroof, power windows, rear sunshade, Halon fire extinguisher, interior headlight adjustment, on-board computer, BMW Bavaria C radio with BMW Sound System, cassette holder"

My profile was also updated without me knowing it.

"non-catalyst version with 16-inch cross-spoke alloy wheels, power windows, warning triangle, interior headlight adjustment, on-board computer, BMW Bavaria C Electronic radio, cassette holder"

Ps. Some of the vin`s between 2190005 and 2190787 are missing in the ETK.
      Hi Carlo,

Yes I did provide that info and it is still correct.

But that's very interesting that some of those VIN's are missing, I will check that out.

Thanks a lot

Regards

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh well I've found via Realoem.com & bmwarchiv.de that vin # 2190005-2190233 doesnt exist...does anybody know anything about this?

Anyway this leaves 553 potential cars and only 505 Evo 1's :lostme:

Or is there another like 50 VIN's/cars which doesnt exist in the range #2190234-2190787?

Thanks a lot!
      Last edited by JOEPM3; 02-26-2008, 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It could be an intentional gap, often times the exact # of cars that will be produced isn't well known in advance so maybe those # were preallocated before the cars were actually built

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

I never told somebody that my car came with 16" and BMW Bavaria C Electronic radio originally. I did not know that myself.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, #2190235-2190282 doesnt exist either.

So this makes: 787-283 = 504 + #2190234=505 Evo1's!

So I believe #2190762 is an Evo 1 :jakeguita

Regards

Comment

Just to add to the great detective work by Joep, I hunted through the rest of the VIN's and found that 2190489 is also invalid. I made a table with the VIN's and sequential car numbers (assuming they were numbered in order of VIN)... see below

Also found that:
              - all 505 Evo I cars were built in March and April 1987 (no other E30 M3's built in those months either)
              - cars 1 to 225 were built in March 1987
              - cars 226 to 505 were built in April 1987

:chug:

Also...here is a picture of the "E" stamped under the TB of cylinder 4 of my car:

Last edited by GeoS; 02-28-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

My 'E' :jakeguita

I hope I didn't hurt the camera too much, I haven't removed anything before taking the picture.

After 25 tries or so, finally some results:wee:

So well I guess I have collected enough proof to say #2190762 is an original EVO1!:taz:

Regards
                Last edited by JOEPM3; 02-29-2008, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Very cool! :jakeguita
                  88 E30 M3 Hennarot
                  95 E36 M3 Avusblau (Track Car)

Comment

Originally posted by JOEPM3 View Post

My 'E' :jakeguita

I hope I didn't hurt the camera too much, I haven't removed anything before taking the picture.

After 25 tries or so, finally some results:wee:

So well I guess I have collected enough proof to say #2190762 is an original EVO1!:taz:

Regards

...nice find!
                    You have a red engine block, have you painted it?

M3 E30, the real one...
                    Sport Evolution, the ultimate one!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny, Sweden View Post
                      ...nice find!
                      You have a red engine block, have you painted it?
                      The car has been overhauled and tuned (cams, pistons etc.) by Kempower in Belgium. They painted the engine red (and also the airbox and valvecover, but these have been painted black again by me). Other M3's which have been tuned by Kempower also have a red engine, so I guess it's their trademark or something like it.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by GeoS View Post
                        Just to add to the great detective work by Joep, I hunted through the rest of the VIN's and found that 2190489 is also invalid. I made a table with the VIN's and sequential car numbers (assuming they were numbered in order of VIN)... see below

Also found that:
                        - all 505 Evo I cars were built in March and April 1987 (no other E30 M3's built in those months either)
                        - cars 1 to 225 were built in March 1987
                        - cars 226 to 505 were built in April 1987

:chug:

Also...here is a picture of the "E" stamped under the TB of cylinder 4 of my car:

Any more info on evo 1:blues::blues:

Comment

Mine's 2190283 so I gues it's number 2, cool?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
                            Mine's 2190283 so I gues it's number 2, cool?
                            If yours is number 2 - mines 498 then ! :blues::blues:

Comment

My experience with EVO1's so far (I've seen 2 EVO1's in real and have seen photographs of another) is that the location of the VIN differs from the normal location.

Left car is an EVO1, right car is my Euro 195bhp.

The VIN of the EVO1 is on the bottom instead of the part facing forwards + the location of the VIN is not painted.

How about other EVO1's?

Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X