best brake duct backing plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best brake duct backing plates

What sre the best backing plates for the best price? I have ordered new brakes and rotors and have also purchased brake ducts and tubing... I think I should just finish the job while im in there... Thanks... battle

anyone want to get rid of any?

Seats Taken...No one rides for free...:burnbaby:

i think e30m3therealm3.com has them on sale... check the "evo parts 4 sale" section...
    1990 e30 m3

Comment

unless you plan on tracking the car, you don't need backing plates. The hoses don't allow you to fully turn the wheel lock to lock, so it makes street driving pretty difficult. Besides, you will never create enough heat driving on the street to require backing plates

Bimmerworld has brake backing plates designed to bolt on without pulling the hub. TMS, BMP etc all require you to pull the hub.
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Sounds good, my question is then because I am installing brakeducts( im sick of replacing fog lights.... where should the ducting go to and stop?

Comment

Cramer is right, I thought I was slick with my brake ducting setup till I went full tilt and the tires just sawed off the ducting.. great, still better than those stupid fog lights

The Chuck giveth, and the Chuck taketh away

Comment

I'm using a duct kit for track. Removed the hose for winter and blank off the spoiler ducts if the hoses are hooked up and I'm street driving. The Airguides on the hubs are blue(Bimmerworld?) and were on the car when I bought it. I put the duct work on and don't have any clearance issues. I bought 9 foot of hose from my local circle track speed shop. Possibly the Duct kits you generally would buy are stingy on hose length?? It's certainly not cheap.
            Imo, brake cooling duct kits are redundant for street use. Pad and fluid upgrade should be enough.
            m.

Comment

I should still run the tubing like normal but just cut it off once it gets into the wheel well right? so the ducts will at least shoot some air in there direction. anyone got an idea where i should cut my holes for the duct work?

Comment

it's pretty tight in there so you have only a couple options... I put mine pretty much where the EVO 3 ducts come through but closer to the engine bay (i'll snap some pics and show you what i mean) I'm using the bimmerworld kit and opted for the fender liner attachments. This allows easy on off of the ducting from the brake backing plate to the fender liner. The rest of the hose stays in place from the fender liner to the bumper.
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

You have to run the hose from the ducts toward the center of the car, and then come into the hub/plate perpendicular to the wheel. This way you can turn the wheels lock to lock no problem. At least I can.

T

Comment

i can turn my wheel full lock and i fill the fenders more then you guys since u have the flair, i like bimmerworlds dont have to remove the hub

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Working...
                    X