Prodrive M3 E30 rally cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodrive M3 E30 rally cars

If I was going to buy a prodrive M3, what proves its a prodrive shell.

Is there an identity code on the shell that indicates its origin.

Can you highlight items that prove it is a Prodrive car.

Did prodrive make customer cars from 1987-1991?

ping jimmyp, he has all the answers for you, probably even a contact at Prodrive.

Mike

Comment

Here's JimmyP's car:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

There are alot of clues that help identify the Prodrive versions.
        They did alot of little things different than the continental builders.

Early in the development they built the rally chassis right next to the road race cars,,, and out of many of the same parts. Later in the evolutions they started to have Rally cars and Road Race cars.

It will depend alot on the age of the chassis.
        If you can get me the chassis number, I can try to help you track it down.
        The REALLY big thing is the Prodrive plate, which went on the drivers side, on the firewall just behind the strut tower. That makes it really easy to trace the history of a Prodrive car.

Mine was missing, Prodrive were going to try to make me a copy for my car.
        The holes are still there on the firewall where it should be.

My car was an early car, one of the ones built right along with the rally cars.

Alot will depend on hos stripped the shell is to see what is left that will leave hints. If its just a shell and has no Prodrive plate,,, then the chassis number may be your only hope to establish its provenance. If its got the Prodrive plate it gets alot easier.

Shoot me whatever info / pics you have and if I can help you decipher it I will.
        If you have any of the numbers (chassis or Prodrive plate) I'll email my guy at Prodrive and see if he can help.
        If you are in the UK, there is a perfectly restored rally car in the Heritage Center at Prodrive.
        That will give you loads of clues.

My email is jimmypet at mac.com

Cheers
        jimmy p
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

A good contact for information relating to Prodrive M3's is Martin Spurell in 'Autosportif'. He was one of the project leaders in Prodrive when they were working with M3's.

Comment

Working...
          X