Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy? Lots of M3's for sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sam3 View Post
    The oil has 16K on it but it says it has 7100 miles of life left....



    I can't even imagine what that oil looks like after 16k miles. No matter how modern the technology becomes, no synthetic oil is capable of properly lubricating the motor without the molecule breakdown after that many miles of driving... And I get paranoid when I get close to 5k miles on the synthetic in my car...

    :homer:

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
      E92 m3 is no joke, it's way faster that any of these 135 and 335's will ever be.
      The issues of NA engines and the refinement you get with them aside, the 335 and 135 can be modded to match the M3 performance very easily thanks to the low pressure turbos. The new M3 (which BTW I saw in person today) is getting too heavy as a sports car. Much like Aston Martin is not a sports car, even though it's referred to as one.



      - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

      zhpregistry.net

      Comment


      • #18
        There's a new M3 at a Calif dealer for $100,000. MSRP plus "$30,000 Additional Dealer Profit". At least they're up front about it! :2:
        1988 BMW e30 M3
        1985 Audi Ur Turbo quattro
        1981 Audi Ur Turbo quattro
        1971 Porsche 911 2.5L R Gruppe

        Blog: In The Garage

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CurtEgerer View Post
          There's a new M3 at a Calif dealer for $100,000. MSRP plus "$30,000 Additional Dealer Profit". At least they're up front about it! :2:
          Remember the hype around the new M5? It only took a few months before they were selling closer to invoice if not below.



          - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

          zhpregistry.net

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
            E92 m3 is no joke, it's way faster that any of these 135 and 335's will ever be.
            agree. i looked into this in detail but no amount of mods will make a 135 into an m3, not only that, when you add the costs up, you might as well buy the m3. i'm waiting till they work the kinks out in the new model and prices drop a little..


            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


            Originally posted by CurtEgerer View Post
            There's a new M3 at a Calif dealer for $100,000. MSRP plus "$30,000 Additional Dealer Profit". At least they're up front about it! :2:
            that's ridiculous. i was on the list for one at difeo bmw and they offered it at msrp.
            Last edited by kishg; 03-13-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            '91 SpecE30 #523
            '03 540i/6 M-Sport
            '00 F-350 Dually
            BMWCCA #360858 NASA #128290
            My Track Schedule

            Comment


            • #21
              Damn there's a bunch in the autotrader mostly sold by dealers like Enthusiast Auto. I think they are selling 1/2 of the 20 that are in there lol. Average price......$18.8K. Anyone tempted to cash out? I know I have been but I know I'd regret it so I sold my CRX instead =P. Great little car but it had to go.

              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
              85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
              91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH


              Comment


              • #22
                Don't sell your M3, I sold my 88 Alpine white 10 years ago (own it since new), and that was biggest mistake I ever made.
                Luckly, I picked one up end of last year, and now I can sleep at night again.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CurtEgerer View Post
                  There's a new M3 at a Calif dealer for $100,000. MSRP plus "$30,000 Additional Dealer Profit". At least they're up front about it! :2:

                  Santa Monica BMW lists at $85,000 (which includes $15000 markup), but BMW on South Alameda in LA had no markup. I was a little confused as to whether the car was actually on sale yet? Don't they just sit in the showroom for awhile?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Selling E30 M3 in Europe/Germany...(Euro)

                    Lately the Euro is killing the dollar. I have searched many german websites (mobile.de)and it seems as if E30 M3's are selling easily for 20k Euro over there..Thats 30,000 dollars! Would it be a bad idea to bring it over there and sell it?

                    I spoke with a German friend and he said it wouldn't be that big of an issue to bring it over there. Pay 25% tax on what you paid for it.(Technically didn't pay more than 5k for it...) And I think you can skip that fee if you have owned the car for a sustained period of time. Does anyone know?

                    Any insight would be great.

                    Thanks!

                    Thomas-
                    1991 E30 M3 Diamondschwartz S50B32
                    1998 E36 M3 Turbo Sedan Six speed
                    CLK63 BS

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by kishg View Post
                      agree. i looked into this in detail but no amount of mods will make a 135 into an m3, not only that, when you add the costs up, you might as well buy the m3. i'm waiting till they work the kinks out in the new model and prices drop a little...
                      ?? Sorry... can't say I agree here....

                      chip/exhaust - approx 3K - might not get 415hp but will get you close
                      real differential - approx 3K (actually likely better than the M3 unit here)
                      suspension - not sure what's out there, but most M3 owners (regardless which model) normally update
                      this after about 60-90K miles anyway... I am sure for 5K one could do nicely.

                      Wheels - whatever... will 2-3K do here? oh wait.. never mind, this is a wash... if E92 M3 owners
                      spurn the stock wheels like E46 M3 owners, then there is no reason to even factor these in.


                      Kish... what mods were you looking at that make a 38K car (assuming 135 + sport package for oil cooler ) + mods worth paying 62K?
                      Mark Williams
                      Dallas, TX

                      Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by vlad View Post


                        I can't even imagine what that oil looks like after 16k miles. No matter how modern the technology becomes, no synthetic oil is capable of properly lubricating the motor without the molecule breakdown after that many miles of driving... And I get paranoid when I get close to 5k miles on the synthetic in my car...

                        :homer:
                        just an fyi, ive seen many tests that prove that synthetic oil works perfectly well past 8000 miles. however, i still change mine every 3k, so what do i know?



                        looks better than it runs :/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by noro View Post
                          The issues of NA engines and the refinement you get with them aside, the 335 and 135 can be modded to match the M3 performance very easily thanks to the low pressure turbos. The new M3 (which BTW I saw in person today) is getting too heavy as a sports car. Much like Aston Martin is not a sports car, even though it's referred to as one.
                          True, cars nowadays are getting to be more Gran Touring cars than true Sports Cars.

                          Originally posted by mtony View Post
                          Might also be that a lot of owners are seeing a chance to sell for more money than they ever thought possible. Just look at Autotrader where now there are many $20K plus cars for sale when a couple of years ago that was unheard of.
                          I agree, and the higher the price we sell, the less the new car replacing it cost. I got to drive the new M3 a few miles yesterday... very nice car drives well but the markup is rediculous like the e39 M5 when it first hit showrooms. Wait @ 18 months when exec. leases start comming back let them eat the depreication.

                          IMHO that kind of cash would be better spent on the new Skyline GTR... (I know I'm gonna catch it for that one...)

                          One :rastajake:
                          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 03-20-2008, 09:37 AM.
                          Rich!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                            very nice car drives well but the markup is rediculous like the e39 M5 when it first hit showrooms. Wait @ 18 months when exec. leases start comming back let them eat the depreication.
                            There are already delaers selling them at discounts. Most dealers are at MSRP (many reports even ones in So Cal) except for a few rare places that the dealers are not living in reality.

                            Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                            IMHO that kind of cash would be better spent on the new Skyline GTR... (I know I'm gonna catch it for that one...)
                            You can't compare an M3 at over sticker with the sticker of a GTR unless you can actually buy a GTR for sticker.
                            Last edited by Bruce; 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              You can't compare an M3 at over sticker with the sticker of a GTR unless you can actually buy a GTR for sticker.
                              OK, if I must compare it with something in it's price range '08 M3 @ sticker vs. '08 Corvette Z06 in lieu of a GTR @ Est. Retail... splitting hairs here.

                              In fact 335i at retail take the difference bet. the M3 at cost and put it into upgrades and see which wins, slalom, 1/4 mi., track! It is still not an e30 ///M, anymore.
                              Rich!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
                                ?? Sorry... can't say I agree here....

                                chip/exhaust - approx 3K - might not get 415hp but will get you close
                                real differential - approx 3K (actually likely better than the M3 unit here)
                                suspension - not sure what's out there, but most M3 owners (regardless which model) normally update
                                this after about 60-90K miles anyway... I am sure for 5K one could do nicely.

                                Wheels - whatever... will 2-3K do here? oh wait.. never mind, this is a wash... if E92 M3 owners
                                spurn the stock wheels like E46 M3 owners, then there is no reason to even factor these in.


                                Kish... what mods were you looking at that make a 38K car (assuming 135 + sport package for oil cooler ) + mods worth paying 62K?
                                sorry. my comparison was modding a 335. isn't the 135 only 5k less? can you even swap the diff now with them welding it in?
                                '91 SpecE30 #523
                                '03 540i/6 M-Sport
                                '00 F-350 Dually
                                BMWCCA #360858 NASA #128290
                                My Track Schedule

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X