http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...04&hg=51&fg=15

number 13 and 14
    sigpic

Comment

Or probably cheaper and one-piece
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUI...spagenameZWDVW
      you can order from Don (D///M3)

Comment

How hard is this item to install? Does the bumper need to be removed?

Comment

If I had to do it over I would not install the Bumper Seal. The factory self-adhesive is feeble at best and will not adhere well at the ends. The bumber must be removed or at least pulled out a bit ant there are no features on the seal to help position it on the bumper. Also, you must have a steady hand and a sharp knife to trim the ends to match the arc of the wheel well. Good luck if choose to install it...... Mine looks like crap.
          David
          Redwood City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by drinaldis View Post
            If I had to do it over I would not install the Bumper Seal. The factory self-adhesive is feeble at best and will not adhere well at the ends. The bumber must be removed or at least pulled out a bit ant there are no features on the seal to help position it on the bumper. Also, you must have a steady hand and a sharp knife to trim the ends to match the arc of the wheel well. Good luck if choose to install it...... Mine looks like crap.
            +1

I currently have the evo gasket and will be going back to the standard US ones. Itís too bad that the evo one could not be made a little better fitting from the factory as it is a better functional piece, just ends up looking kind of crappy and is time consuming to install.

Comment

Originally posted by sacM3 View Post
              +1

I currently have the evo gasket and will be going back to the standard US ones. Itís too bad that the evo one could not be made a little better fitting from the factory as it is a better functional piece, just ends up looking kind of crappy and is time consuming to install.
              Yeah but the stock one is a pain as well. Not to mention the fact that you can't find the passenger side gasket. So BMW sells the middle and the driver's side gasket but no passenger side. How does that make any sense. I tried to install mine when I already had the bumper on which is a huge mistake. Basically you peel off the adhesive strips on the bottom, but you need downward force to make it stick. But there's no room to push it down. And the adhesive is not that strong really. I'm buying the evo gasket and taking the bumper off to install it. I would highly recommend it.

If anyone knows where to find the passenger side gasket give me a heads up...

I'm wondering (thinking out loud here) if there's any suitable gasketing material on the market that we could use and apply our own adhesive?

Comment

damn gaskets..
                sigpic
                Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Alchemist88

BMW Concord has one (925) 682-3577
                  Laurel BMW hase one (630) 654-5400
                  Advantage BMW has one (713) 289-1370
                  Jake Sweeney BMW has one (513) 782-1130
                  Last edited by Jeremiah; 09-06-2008, 05:17 AM.

Originally posted by drinaldis
                  I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

if you take your time with it, the evo gasket isnt so bad. mark up where the old us one goes with some blue painters tape, remove old ones, install new gasket and use a bit of "persuasion" on the corners and the bends (i used some modeling glue) and your done. looks great i think.

A special thank you to:
                    archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

Anyone find some tape that does the trick? I just removed my bumper cover and the gasket came off at the same time.

Comment

I agree with yan it is just a gasket really not hard at all to set. The most annoying part is cleaning the surface and removing all the old adhesive before applying the gasket. If you properly clean the surface prior to installing the new gasket it will stick very well.

Comment

I trimmed a few triangles out of the corners to help it wrap round the wings when I installed mine. The sticky tape is rubbish as it's not even as thick as the recess on the bottom of the seal...

Comment

Leave it in the sun, easy as pie.
                            STAN IN SARASOTA

Comment

This is the kind of thing that I won't skimp on.....when done right it's awesome, and shows that your car is "correct"...cut corners and, like it or not, "it will look like it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X