Yeah or Neah....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah or Neah....

I decided that I like the look of the bumper stripes but didn't want to pay the dealer $50 for them. So I went the Home Depot route and got some red 3M tape for $3. You can't really tell from the pictures but it was put on the car very evenly and cleanly. Anyways i actually do like the way it came out....any opinions??

Next question is...obviously my "M3' badge is out of place thanks to a repaint on the trunk. Is there a way to re-apply the same badge on the car oncle I have removed it? Or do I have to go get a new one with new adhesive? Thanks for any advice because I hate the placement of it right now.

Thanks Magnus for helping me figure out my picture posting issues

Last edited by Ty Webb; 11-26-2003, 05:44 PM.

Based on the pics, I'd have to say that it looks good.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
    original E30 M3s main purpose in life was to
    win races on the track, not the street. It
    got the job done."

Comment

one more

Comment

Good job on the stripes.

you can remove the emblems and remove the double sided tape and then apply some more tape to it. just try to locate some black double sided foam tape.
        sigpic

Comment

cool thanks..

I might give this a shot..

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

Comment

No problemo, you're welcome.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

awesome diagram...that was going to be my next question

Comment

Looks like it came out well enough, and the contrast is a very nice touch.

My only concern is the durability of tape like that.
                Last edited by AdamF 88iS; 11-26-2003, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I also am very skeptical of the durability...but I figured I would expirement with the $3 stuff first and if i really liked the look..I would go the OEM route.

Comment

3M makes some good stuff. I'd think it would look better in dark/light gray/grey.

Comment

Looks great, but the color is a little off on the Sport EVO stripes, but for the $$ who cares!

Do not click
                      At least it's German

Comment

What kind of 3m tape should I look for? Like what section would it be under at home depot?
                        "A wolf in wolves clothing"
                        Tiff Needell

Comment

It is "3M Scotch 35 Red Vinyl Electrical Tape" I found it right in with the rest of the electrical supplies. There was quite an assortment there. I paid $3.27. Good luck

Comment

I have the $3 HomeDepot tape on my car. I put it on temporarily, just to see if I'd like the look enough to justify ~$40 for the OE strips. The HomeDepot tape looks great, so I just left it on there.

It's a tiny bit narrower than the factory tape but it looks good enough for me. I put it on in the spring, have washed the car countless times and it hasn't peeled or faded one bit. If my car were nicer I'd have gone with the OE strips, but my car is far from perfect anyway.

(FYI: It's red electrical tape, look in the electrical isle)

Comment

Working...
                            X