Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all. I joined the site recently after purchasing a track prepped 1988 M3. I also own a E92 M3 that I have been tracking, but I've had enough of trying to have fun with a street car on the track, so hence the E30, which is a blast. The car has a 170k on it, but it has been well maintained, and the chassis is straight, and, for the most part, rust free. Has a full cage. It's pretty much stock otherwise. I am hoping the recent BMW CCA touring class proposal is accepted in some form or shape so that I can develop the car within that context. I have no racing experience, but am planning to attend competition school later this year, maybe at WGI. I might or might not race, but I will sure have fun with it on the track.

Finally, and more importantly, this seems like a great site. Folks seem knowledgable and helpful, and there isn't any bickering that I can see, which is unusual for car forums. People clearly cherish their E30 M3s, which they should! Cheers.
    sigpic

Comment

• Welcome to S14! :-) Cheers!
      Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsYARLD1Y

Comment

• hey guys been lurking around here for a little while now, thort id come from the shadows n say hello, so... hello

Comment

• Hey Everyone, my name is Chris

I'm new around here. I have an '88 M3, White on Black with 99k. Its got Schrick Cams, Euro Hood Seals, Rear Head Rests, and Bosch non-Smiley Adjustable Headlights. I've had a few e36 M3's before, but this is the first e30 M3 of my own.

Here's a picture of my e30 M3, my Brother's '86 325e, and my old '98 M3 convertible. I'll get some more pictures up soon.

I'm running stock wheels with Bridgestone Potenza's right now, the Nitto whatevers that are on the M Parallells are warn to crap. They also rub more than I would like with the stock suspension. I'm in a bit of a wheel and tire conundrum right now. I have the stocks, the M Parallells, and a set of replica e39 M5 wheels that are off of an old e36 328is I had which need spacers. Who the hell knows what I'll do.

Anywho, hello everyone!
          Last edited by CTrapp; 08-27-2009, 03:34 AM.
          ~Chris

'88 Alpineweiss M3
          '89 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L
          '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
          '74 Vespa 125 Primavera

Comment

• Originally posted by CTrapp View Post
            Hey Everyone, my name is Chris

I'm new around here. I have an '88 M3, White on Black with 99k. Its got Schrick Cams, Euro Hood Seals, Rear Head Rests, and Bosch non-Smiley Adjustable Headlights. I've had a few e36 M3's before, but this is the first e30 M3 of my own.

Here's a picture of my e30 M3, my Brother's '86 325e, and my old '98 M3 convertible. I'll get some more pictures up soon.

I'm running stock wheels with Bridgestone Potenza's right now, the Nitto whatevers that are on the M Parallells are warn to crap. They also rub more than I would like with the stock suspension. I'm in a bit of a wheel and tire conundrum right now. I have the stocks, the M Parallells, and a set of replica e39 M5 wheels that are off of an old e36 328is I had which need spacers. Who the hell knows what I'll do.

Anywho, hello everyone!
            Welcome
            Dan

88 M3
            Black on Black

San Diego, CA
            USA

Comment

• My name is Otto and I've been lurking here for years as part of my quest to become a proud owner of one of these special cars. The forum is an AMAZING resource and I look forward to contributing some day soon. Thanks for keepin' it real.

Comment

• Hi im new to this site and would like to tell you about my car , its an e30 m3 with a e46 s54 m3 engine , running full fly by wire throttle peddle , obd2 diaonostic , custom air box , s50 5 speed gear-box , 315 diff , de-cat exhaust , custom re-map , 840 brake calipers with e46 m3 disc ,and much more , will post some pictures soon.

Comment

• Welcome Lulu

So basically, you kept the original engine management. Right? Or is that some aftermarket piggy-back that fools the DME into thinking it still runs into an e46...

massivebrakes@gmail.com

1969 2002 racecar
                  1989 M3 racecar
                  e39 Touring

Comment

• hi

Your all most invited to this forum.
                    Last edited by Jake; 09-19-2009, 06:50 AM. Reason: Removed spam

Comment

• hi, i've been searching this site almost daily for over three yearsbut just recently joined . i've been saving my m piggybank for quite some time now. I DRIVE MY BROTHER IN LAWS 2002/S.14 CONVERSION AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET SOME KNOWLEGABLE poeple to help finish up the brakes and suspension. Sorry about caps didnt notice and too
                      lazy to go back and change it.

Comment

• I'm 32 and live in CT. and would like to meet some poeple that can teach me the substantional general info about e30 m I dont know and what to look for when buying. I also would like to go to some events. Ive been on this site for about 3 years but just recently registered.I would like to know if a friend that lives in england could legaly bring a car over then sell it to me here?

Comment

• Hi all, I've been perusing since about '04, and thought I'd finally register and peek my head up. So far my lifestyle (studying architecture, moving between us and europe) has prohibited ownership; however some day I hope to be in the position to indulge in something I've been obsessing over for years.

In the meantime I'll keep learning and perhaps make a tiny contribution here and there in whatever ways I'm able.

Comment

• hi all, new to the sight but have looked at site for about a year and figure i better register. i am also on the sig. have owned car for 3yrs and love it.

Comment

• It's interesting to see how many lurkers there are and for how many years...wait,
                              that sounds a little wierd.

Comment

• Hi Guys, I've been lurking for a while now, bought my M3 about a year ago as an ex Jap import to Australia. It was LHD with track suspension, a basic cage and one race seat. Greg who imported it took it to the track a few times just as it arrived and was impressed with its handling. I had been running a E30 318is as a track / road car for a few years and was after a bit more power and was looking to buy the S14 from this car but somehow I got talked into buying the whole car and immediately started stripping it to convert to RHD and make a bit more track focussed. It has been finished for a few weeks now and been to the track twice where it has performed OK.
                                I have a few questions which I hope you can give me some feedback on.
                                What rotors and pads do you use for track use with occasional road use ?
                                I plan to delete the ABS, if you have done this do you feel an adjustable regulator would be beneficial ?
                                I plan to fit the JPR alu flywheel, what clutch should go with this ?

Cheers
                                Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X