Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha!

Hi folks,

Thought I joined S14.net in 2005, but my participation was limited to reading a few threads and never posting a message, so I must have "expired". :music:

But recently, I have had reason to become more involved.

As mentioned here, I found myself an owner of an E30 M3 and this place sure seems helpful! So here I am, and thanks for the help already given. I'll try to give back!

-Scott
    "The earth provides enough for everyone's need. Not everyone's greed." Gandhi

Comment

• Welcolme Scott,
      Good effort and well done on your purchase, I am sure it will put a smile on your dial. Keep us up to date with your repairs.
      Dave.

E30 M3 1987
      Mini Clubman GT
      BMW E36 323 Msport
      Toyota Corona
      KTM 200EXC
      Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome, Dave. I really do like this new car!
        "The earth provides enough for everyone's need. Not everyone's greed." Gandhi

Comment

• :blues:Hey guys! new to the site, I'm looking to buy or build me a Warsteiner clone so this must be the right place to gather information right?

Comment

• Hello,

The user name says it all. Im a E36 guy, that appreciates the simplicity, styling and power of the E30 ///M. I usually frequent bimmerforums and m3forums. I am here for the purpose of gaining a little more knowledge in anticipation for my next ///M3, which will be an S14. Looking forward to picking you guys brains while searching for my next project.

Good stuff

Comment

• Hey,

Currently drive an '87 325i, looking to get into my first m3.

-Will
              1988 M3
              1987 325i (287,000 miles and counting)

Comment

• Greetings all,
                Great site!

There's some really nice cars on here, and tons of great info.

I look forward to learning more of this great car.

I currently have an '85 Audi ur Quattro which I've been restoring for a while now, and I'll never part with it.
                I've loved the M3 since I first read about it in Roundel Magazine back in 1988, as my Dad was a member back then with his '74 tii
                I recently bought a near mint '85 E30 318i. So I have been bitten by the E30 bug, and hope to be owing an M3 soon.
                Last edited by Sepp; 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM.
                I spend all my money on beer, cars, guitars, and women....the rest is just wasted.

Comment

• Introduction.

Hey Guys,

I've had the e30 m3 bug for a few years now...about 9. 7 years ago i bought one, for a rediculous price or 7500 dollars. it was everything i could scrape together.

the day i went to pick it up, the guy on his last "ride" blew the trans. so i walked away from the car, and have regretted it ever since.

Currenltly i am driving a 90 325 iS with an m50 swap. & 4.10 rear. good time. but i am realizing it will never be the m3 that i want.

so i decided to join this forum and begin a painstaking search for the m3 that i want. hoopefully, ill be able to find it.

Ill prolly be selling htis car once i do.

anyway, here is my baby now.

Comment

• sweet ride, i just picked up an M a few weeks ago.

I am also in brooklyn

Comment

• Originally posted by jasonslackisrad View Post
                      Hey Guys,

I've had the e30 m3 bug for a few years now...about 9. 7 years ago i bought one, for a rediculous price or 7500 dollars. it was everything i could scrape together.

the day i went to pick it up, the guy on his last "ride" blew the trans. so i walked away from the car, and have regretted it ever since.

Currenltly i am driving a 90 325 iS with an m50 swap. & 4.10 rear. good time. but i am realizing it will never be the m3 that i want.

so i decided to join this forum and begin a painstaking search for the m3 that i want. hoopefully, ill be able to find it.

Ill prolly be selling htis car once i do.

anyway, here is my baby now.

i was right where you are in 1988. it has continued as i type. insatiable desire for the e30m3. i remember watching them come off the truck at desimone bmw. i remember ditching thermodynamics class at drexel to go take the plunge and buy one. only to have the dealer call and say, "ah, you need to bring the car back..." ouch. what pain. so i bought a 1977 530i until i could my first. in 1994. a used alpine from otto's bmw. right off the lot. they wanted 19k. i am the world's worst at negotiating for e30m3s. the drool gives it away. but, in this case, i told them i believed the car was worth 19, but all i had was 15, and to get that i had to sell everything including my text books, pete rose rookie card... they felt sorry and i got it for 15. so, listen. it will happen. the journey is great. but, very few experiences in life does the destination get better. here it does. so... be patient. have fun. go find it. but, don't expect the desire to go away after you get it. the second, came just a few years ago. in 1990, some wazo traded in a henna red at precision in atlantic city. my friend alex silvestri (best car salesman ever) called me. i went. i drooled. i bought. i got the call, again. "ah, you need to bring the car back." i did. that hurt. so, when i ran across one on ebay with 58k miles for 27.5k, i bought it. nice. now, in between mind you i am driving 100k miles a year as a financial advisor on commission of 0.25%. yes, that's 1/4 of 1%. lots of driving. then, i see a third, a few months ago, advertised on s14.net. i drool. i want a week. i call. i say, "are you sure you only want 12k?" what a wazo i am. haha. well, that's the third. so, listen, it's not the "how" that matters. if you have a strong enough "why" the "how" will take care of itself. so... go have fun, and rest, and God will bring it to pass. watch. enjoy.
                      the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

• I'm a new member, so I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Brian and I'm from southern California. I've been a BMW technician at dealerships since '99.
                        I actually don't have an M3 yet but I am looking right now(I have a couple other BMW's though).
                        So yeah, anyways,

Comment

• Potential owner here in the San Francisco bay area, can someone direct me to a place for a PPI near San mateo or redwood city? Thanks

Comment

• How's everyone doing... I have had a 1989 m3 project car for a few years ( salvaged title car ) and finally going to try and do something with it. I posted it in craigslist San Diego California to sell some parts and got a few calls from some great people and convinced me to put a s52 engine in it. ( don't beat me up ... I was going to put a toyota v6 with a TRD supercharger ) LOL ... Hope to learn a thing or two here, I been a lurker in here for a while and

Comment

• We spoke on the phone. I was interested in the engine. In the case of your car, I would find an s52 and set up the OBD1 and make a fun car out of it.
                              Dan

88 M3
                              Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                              USA

Comment

• Hey Dan...

Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post
                                We spoke on the phone. I was interested in the engine. In the case of your car, I would find an s52 and set up the OBD1 and make a fun car out of it.

Yes I remember... How you doing ??? I am going to start taking everything out of it this coming week so I can get a better idea what I will have for sale. I think I will go the s52 route and start this project as soon as I sell my van and a few other things laying around the house.

It's funny ... after I talked to you I tried to log in to the forum and I had forgot my password and all my info, So I just created another one.

Comment

Working...
                                X