Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone! I'm Ian and I'm new here, but not new to BMW ownership! I've had my E28 528e since I turned sixteen and ran it all through high school. I'm currently a university student, living and studying (Philosophy and Mathematics) in the Mountain States region (USA), and still running my Eta. I've had a fondness for the M3 for some time, and in my opinion the E30 M3 is the best of the lot.

I've been browsing the forums for a while, looking for all the information I can get to help get me to my goal - M3 ownership - so I figured I'd join, if only to see the pictures and ask some questions.

Comment

• Hello guys. I just bought a DiamondSchwartz E30 M3 about 2 hours ago and just registered for this site. I've lurked here for about 6 months. The car should be delivered tonite or tommorrow morning. I'm stoked. The car will need a new engine supposedly, but that is okay. It has around 136,XXX miles and has been parked for 5 years due to engine problem. I bought it for $2000 :blues: ... I've had six E28s over the last 8-10 years. I still have two of them ... a 1983 528e and an M5 (which I've had for 15 months and have never drivin' {need to do timimg components before I drive it}] Actually I have 2 3/4 E28s since I have an entire E28 besides the shell stored in various parts of my house. I had plan to buy a Zinnoberrot shell and re-build my favorite E28 that I totalled and stripped before the E30 M3 purchase, but I was browsing craigslist this morning in my town (Louisville, Ky) and an E30 M3 showed up. I couldn't just walk away from it and me being the first person to see it with the asking price of $2000. I will get some picture once it gets here. I don't ever plan on selling it (same as my E28 M5) and hope to have a long, fruitful time here on S14.net. Then again, finances might force a sell in this day and time. I've been a member on MyE28.com since right after they move from the Roadfly board to the "old" board. I can't wait to get the ol' gurl sitting in the driveway on jackstands covered[peace] ... CHEERS!!!

past/current BMWs

#3 1982 528e Graphite/PearlBeige Leder -- Ex's
      #5 1983 528e BronzitBeigeMetallic/Nutria Leder -- Mine
      #4 1985 M535iS Schwartz/Natur Leder -- Mine -- Body-->Deceased --Mind-->Cryogenic Freeze
      #2 1988 535iS DiamondSchwarzMetallic/PearlBeige Leder -- Mine --Sold
      #1 1988 SuperEta BronzitBeigeMetallic/PearlBeigeCloth -- Ex's, Deceased
      #6 1988 US M5 -- Mine
      Last edited by bobby in Derby City; 04-27-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobby in Derby City View Post
        Hello guys. I just bought a DiamondSchwartz E30 M3 about 2 hours ago and just registered for this site. I've lurked here for about 6 months. The car should be delivered tonite or tommorrow morning. I'm stoked. The car will need a new engine supposedly, but that is okay. It has around 136,XXX miles and has been parked for 5 years due to engine problem. I bought it for $2000 :blues: ... I've had six E28s over the last 8-10 years. I still have two of them ... a 1983 528e and an M5 (which I've had for 15 months and have never drivin' {need to do timimg components before I drive it}] Actually I have 2 3/4 E28s since I have an entire E28 besides the shell stored in various parts of my house. I had plan to buy a Zinnoberrot shell and re-build my favorite E28 that I totalled and stripped before the E30 M3 purchase, but I was browsing craigslist this morning in my town (Louisville, Ky) and an E30 M3 showed up. I couldn't just walk away from it and me being the first person to see it with the asking price of $2000. I will get some picture once it gets here. I don't ever plan on selling it (same as my E28 M5) and hope to have a long, fruitful time here on S14.net. Then again, finances might force a sell in this day and time. I've been a member on MyE28.com since right after they move from the Roadfly board to the "old" board. I can't wait to the ol' gurl is sitting in the driveway on jackstands covered[peace] ... CHEERS!!!
        you are one lucky dude! 2K! You get 3 times your money back just for stripping it.
        Welcome to the board. Good luck with getting her back on the road.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

• Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
          you are one lucky dude! 2K! You get 3 times your money back just for stripping it.
          Welcome to the board. Good luck with getting her back on the road.
          Never thought while in Kentucky I'd have/come across one before the next 5-10 years. Ol' gurl ain't going anywhere. I don't think one of her few big brothers would like me stripping her :nope: Couldn't walk away from deal. Just couldn't. Not at that price. I actually offered $1500 first :evilnah: I wuz his first call. Probably because E30 M3 was not in craigslist title:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/2348766972.html
          Last edited by bobby in Derby City; 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Hey,
            I am a Marine Recruiter in the San Fernando Valley CA. Purchased the E30 3 months ago. Loving it.

Comment

• Hello, I'm a french hapy owner. I have my m3 since 3 years... and it's jsut started to look like an M3.
              Happy to join all of u !

Comment

• M3 USMC and Bouteille200, welcome to the site and to the obsession!

Comment

• Hello everybody!!!!!!My name is Dimitris and i am from Greece.I have an E30 M3 Johnny Cecotto 029/505 since 2001.....Thanks for making me a member and sorry for my bad english

Comment

• Hello All, I'm new to the site and I just picked up a 1990 Alpine White / black interior M3. Got her in Utah and drove her through Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and home to California. I got a great deal on the 3 owner 138K mile car. We're planning on doing some mods soon... ;-)
                    '90 Alpine White M3

My Journal
                    OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
                    EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
                    Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras
                    DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

• jtcc e36 with s14b20

Good Morning all, I have something interesting that you may all enjoy. I just purchased an e36 s14 equipped schnitzer jtcc. i am changing from radicals because i am not going to be racing a lot but i intend to race this car. the car had its engine blown and is now running a hybrid of its original 295 hp engine with a s14b23. i am still discovering this baby and havent had enough time to play around with it. the ecu is bmw and it runs twin injectors per cilinder. i need a spare b20 engine but dont want to spend a fortune in it. i also dont wanna strip the engine for at least 3000-5000 miles. i was involved in the hayabusa forums for my radical and the folks there were invaluable in rebuilding my powertec built engines. do you guys have any setup in particular you prefer, taking into consederation that it has to be a torquey engine due to the conditions which we race. it is also easier for me to deal with someone in the south east. ill start posting pics as soon as i can. take care......

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                        My name is Faly ROBINSON, I'm from Madagascar, and I buy 3 weeks ago a lovely M3, 1988, Diamond Schwarz and about 136000kms.
                        I just register yesterday.
                        The car looks pretty well outside, no rust at all.
                        The M3 was kept into garage for 7 years.
                        I'll drive her til the end of this year as then, I'll do a full body restoration
                        Car has racing dynamics wheels, supersprint exhaust
                        Happy to be a member of S14.Net
                        FalyM3
                        Loving Life
                        Last edited by FalyM3; 05-27-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Greetings all!

My name is Garrett, I live in Mid Michigan just north of Ann Arbor. I do not currently own an E30 M3 but it is at the top of my list for my next car. I am 30 and happily married to a great gal and we are expecting our first baby in November so hopefully I pick up an M3 before then (my goal is by October 1st). I will be on here hanging out a bit and studying every bit of information I can before purchase.

I come from german cars but up until now they have all been VW/Audi. I have always liked the E30 shape and model so the idea of picking one up has always entrigued me. Plus you do not see many of them around this area (I think I have seen one in the past year!)

list of previous cars:
                          94 Golf
                          2001 Golf 1.8t
                          2002 Audi TT 225Q

Current:
                          DD - 96 4x4 Tacoma 5sp 2.7
                          Collector - 86 Buick GN (22,000 miles!)

Hopefully you guys don't mind me hanging out until I pick up the car, I promise not to bother anyone until I have something intelligent to say about the cars. If anyone around Metro D/Ann Arbor area wants to meet up let me know. I have a great heated finished garage if you need to turn some wrenches.

Comment

• Wow, Praise the Lord. You have Blessing with the marriage and child, and wisdom of a fully developed brain stem that has led you to the only car ever made... the e30m3. Hot. Hot. Hot. Enjoy the destination, yes, but here the journey is equally satisfying. I have 4, looking for a fifth, not from wealth, just scratching and clawing hard work, and I can say from experience... buy, never sell, and... enjoy the ride. Congrats.
                            the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

• Hi, I'm 41 years old man, just rebuild an engine and my goal is make my M3 as light as possible and enjoy every corner.

Luke

Comment

• Hi! I am Tim, just picked up a 1988 M3 Diamnond Shwartz. Drive and race the HPF 135i and looking forward to restoring and making this new (new to me, 1 previous owner) M3 a beast! now what to mod first....

Comment

Working...
                                X