Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -sknkwrx - you have a very nice car, I loved in red :OMG:

Only 6cars- because my country is one of the smallest (not so rich) in the world! But it"s very nice (we have mountans, river"s, sea...) to. Is anybody now how many e30 M3 cars is in the world now in 2012 !?!?

And thanks for compliment
    sigpicI stuck in 80"s...

Comment

• New owner old member

:blues::blues:Well, i just bought my E30 from OGI///M3, after driving 1600Km most of them on icy/snow roads finally made it to Saskatoon, almost crashed, got stuck 3 times on snow lukelly i made it.
      After a lot of years dreaming and trying to buy one finally i have my own and don´t need to dream anymore.
      Last edited by boris450; 02-26-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• What's up S14 family........ been a member for a while but I just started posting and getting involved on the S14.net with topics as I restore my e30 M. I'm looking forward on finishing my project with the M and getting involved with meet events with other E30 M owners & fanatics.
        Just when I thought I was done with cars, they pull me back in......:drive:

Comment

• Welcome everyone!!!
          I spend all my money on beer, cars, guitars, and women....the rest is just wasted.

Comment

• What's up s14.net... Just picked up my e30m3 and I love it. I have quite a bit of work to do to get it where I want seeing as how one of the previous owners did a quick prep to sell it (the paint is cheap and the front seats were upholstered in some weird leather material). Nonetheless, I'm excited to finally have found one and gotten to it before it sold to someone else - the guy selling me the car and I hung out for a bit and watched as people were texting him begging and pleading to sell the car to them instead of me. One guy even texted him, "screw that guy, tell him you changed your mind. I'll give it a better home than anyone else in the world!"

Sorry, I digress... Other rides are an e60 550i and an Acura MDX. 550's fun on the freeway but nothing beats a Sunday morning cruise along the coast in an e30m3 (well... Almost nothing!)

Comment

• Hi,
              Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase, there is loads of good info for restoring/repairs and mods on the forum.
              Dont be in to big a rush give it a good check over and make a list of everything then figure out which job to do first and parts required. Due diligence and caution are required for out sourcing any work.
              Dave.
              Last edited by Dave @nz; 03-14-2012, 06:21 PM.

E30 M3 1987
              Mini Clubman GT
              BMW E36 323 Msport
              Toyota Corona
              KTM 200EXC
              Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

• Hello everyone. I'm Tommy from Norway, and i am owner of an '87 e30 m3. This car is by the way in the April Performance Bmw.
                E30 M3 1987
                E39 525dat 2001

Comment

• First Time Here

Hi, my name's Richard. I have a basically stock '88 US model. I want to try working/upgrading it myself but have no experience with foreign cars, let alone the exotic E30 M3. My experience is with '60's muscle cars. I look forward to learning from everyone.

Rich in Chesapeake, Virginia
                  Richard Dixon
                  Chesapeake, VA
                  '88 M3
                  '64 GTO

Comment

• Hi all,
                    I'm Maor, 21 years old from Tel-Aviv, Israel.
                    For a living I work at Better-Place IL which develops electric cars with switchable batteries instead of gas stations as an IT guy. Some of you may have heard about the company as we have branches located in DK, USA and AUS.
                    Currently own a 2011 Alfa-Romeo Mito Quadrofoglio-Verde that is up for sale to fund the long expected M3.
                    If any of you decides to visit Israel you're welcome to hit me with a P.M...:ha:

Comment

• Intro - Sacramento area VMWERKS

My project thread is here:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55354

Some of this is in my build thread but here's the readers digest version.

I started Valley Motorwerks in 2005 - one of my early goals was to find a decent E30M3. I've finally been able to wrangle an 8 out of 10 1988 E30M3 with an S52 swap by trading a racecar I had.

Most of the work was really second rate and cobbled together. Our shop has performed a lot of CARB approved swaps so it was no big deal for us to redo everything. The engine was badly built, the head went out and was completely gone through and the bottom end was balanced, blueprinted and assembled with 11.5to1 JE pistons. It's been on the road for 115 miles now and I'm running it fairly hard... what a car! When I found out the car was not salavage titled I went out and bought a 66k mile S14 swap from bmarques that will eventually end up in the car once again.

The car:

My last M car stage 2 supercharged brembos and other fun stuff:

Pointsix Motorsports E46 US Touring car:

Last edited by vmwerks; 03-23-2012, 05:12 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Differential?

Newbie here...but actually located on an island in the Florida Keys chain of islands—three hours' drive from Miami.

It wasn't easy to register with my particular model, but after the year 2001, I do have an s14 under the hood! You can probably guess what firm in North Carolina put it all together. :p:

Last edited by M318iS; 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M318iS View Post
                          Newbie here...but actually located on an island in the Florida Keys chain of islands—three hours' drive from Miami.

It wasn't easy to register with my particular model, but after the year 2001, I do have an s14 under the hood! You can probably guess what firm in North Carolina put it all together. :p:

Welcome to the site sir. I admire cod webs in a engine compartment. A little soap water and some grease and it'll look as good as new.
                          Just when I thought I was done with cars, they pull me back in......:drive:

Comment

• Hi all,

I am from Costa Rica, still do not have an E30 M3, but always looking for (currently I own an E30 325i.) To put some perspective, Costa Rica is a small country and it is said that there are around 7 running E30 M3's and about 3 totalled, so there's not much from where to choose.

Anyway, I have the opportunity to buy an US spec E30 M3. I was trying to post on the FAQ's purchasing section but couldn't.

The car I am buying has been so mistreated that it was imported to Costa Rica from US with a WBA VIN number!!! You can even appreciate the welding signs on the frewall where they inserted the WBA VIN, awful! My question is, where are all the VIN # plates? I know there is: 1. on the firewall, 2. behind the driver's door, 3. on the dashboard for US spec, 4. on the trunk... am I missing one? On this car I mention all plates have the same 325i-WBA VIN.

At this point I am 90% decided Not to buy this M3 even though it is really cheap, mainly because it needs some initial investment and the issue of having a WBA VIN number, on my opinion really disappoints and the car kind of looses its ///M identity.

Best regards, Abraham...

Comment

• Greetings! Name's Rich and I live in northern Virginia. Not an E30 M3 owner yet, but hope to be some day soon. Currently have an E46 330i ZHP that I like to tinker with. I've done most of the maintenance on it myself since I bought it a few years ago.

Comment

• Picked up a 1988 diamondschwartz M3 recently, so I started lurking around here before the whole update thing happened. But now that it is in fully operational again, I figured I should get around to posting about it! Don't worry, I'll take some pictures over the weekend and post them up.

So far, I've found the car to be fairly well maintained by the previous owner, but the clearcoat and interior upholstery has some issues. The driver's seat bolster have been recovered and have new foam, but the backseat is falling apart at the seams. I look forward to fixing all the little stuff and making it into a real nice car! This is not my first E30, so I know that these things can take a while, but it has been fun so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X