Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the forums, Phil.

Did you perform a right hand conversion?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

• 42, ex golf pro now a manufacturing business owner. 1st bmw was fall 2012. Hellrot had undisclosed rust issues and sold 3 months later. Bought a mint estoril blue e36 m3 sold it on 4/15/14 and bought a e30 m3 the very next day. Here is the story of how i came to own My e30 M, Dee Listed on Ebay at $30,000 or best offer is a white e30m3. Advertised as all original, rust free, motor rebuilt. Could use shocks. I contact the owner and we agree at A lessor price. He said car is in his friends shop, we could do a ppi test, inspect it, its fully detailed, all electrical items work. He ensures me all is fine and i will love the car. Leave house at 3:30 am and drive through NYC traffic to get there by 11am. Seller of car isnt even there so im to call the shop owner. Shop owmer says car isnt here its at his house and to follow him. For those keeping track this is lie #1. We get to the car and the shop owner hands me the key and says he has to get back to work, help myself and the seller will be here in about 1 hour. I begin inspecting the car inside and out. Car has rust issues. Car has severe electrical issues. More items dont work than work. Days earlier the seller gives me the previous sellers contact information. The previous owner is the one who built the car and painted the car. I take a moment to call him. I tell him the seller was listing it for $30grand for the car and he was floored. He sold the seller the car for less than $20k and the car needed a lot of work. He started running down the list of items it needed and asked me if any had been repaired. None of them had. I told him i had just drove 7 hours through NYC traffic with a trailer to come buy this car and the car is not what it was advertised. Mind you all this is occuring without the seller oresent, he still isnt here and wont anser my phone calls or texts. I tell the builder i was packing my bags and returning home. This is where the story takes a turn. The builder says, but wait.....a seller just advertised a silver 88 e30m3 on craigslist for a lot less just last night. He had called the guy multiple times and he never answered. He also said when he woke up in the morning the seller had raised his price $3000 just overnight. This was an indication his price was too low for the amount of interest the car was getting. He sends me the craigslist ad link. The silver car looked like a scam. Price was WAY too low, car was WAY too clean. But i make the call anyway. Despite the builder of the other car not being able to get through, the seller of the silver craigslist car actually pics up his phone.......... I start the conversation with this.......are you ready to hear a good story about another e30m3? I get his interest. I share my day, how i drove 7 hours for a car not as advertised, looked at it for 10 minutes and started to pack my bags and head home. The seller said he had received 65 calls in 12 hours and had someone coming to take a look after business hours. I asked him if he felt this situation was odd. That i was in NYC with a trailer and a pile of cash, that i looked at a terriblly mis advertised car, then someone i called referred me to your ad, i called and you answered your pone. This got his interest. He said yes, he had stopped answering his phone because too many people called BUT for some reason he picked up my call. After more arm twisting he gives me his address and asks if i had looked at the pictures. I said i hadnt seen many pics because im on the iphone, in NYC and trying to get out of the city and back home. I punched in his address and said i would see him in 1 hr 45 min. Imediately after hanging up with him i looked at the pictures, called him back and said, "The car is mine for your full asking price". I have cash, a trailer and i will be there at 1:45. He says well wait until you see the car it may not be as nice in person as it is in pictures. I said thats fine and all but this car is mine and see hou at 1:45. I start the trek to his home and get terribly lost in the city because i cant take Belt Parkway with my trailer....as much as i wanted to break all traffic laws and get there before someone else did, i followed the rules but was running late. I texted, called, called and texted but no answer. Now im thinking he has given up on me or changed his mind and sold the car to someone else. Its 1:55 and im 10 minutes late but im pulling up to his house and i see someone getting into his car....i honk my horn and give him a wave. We shake hands and he said, i agreed to,see you on 2 hours notice because i really think you were meant to have this car. I agreed and he pulled it out of the garage. The csr was amazing. No rust, engine bay super clean. New tires, etc...i thought i was dreaming because 2 short hours ago i was ready to head home after seeing the worst $30k car ever. He fired up the original s-4 motor and said take it for a spin. I drove it about 1/16 of a mile and parked it and told him ive seen enough lets do the palerwork. So after seeing this car for 10 minutes i knew it was the one for me. He tells me he was a cancer survivor and the car had been sitting for the last 5 years and now he was selling to help with his daughters college bills. H also tells me the car is worth a lot more than what he was selling it for but he doesnt care.....he didnt want to deal with ppi insoections, multiple potential buyers to try to find top do,,ar, he was interested in a wuick sale. I told him i was in a dream right now but here is your money for the car......and here is additional funds for your daughter. I peel off another $500 and she gives me a hug and is in disbelief. So 3 hours after deciding to leave NYC empty handed this car found me and it was on my trailer. It can only be classified as fate or destiny so the cars name is Dee which is short for Destiny. So if i may say a few thank you's now: First thanks to the ebay seller for advertising your car as a nice rust free, no issue e30 m3. If you had been honest i never would have made the trek to NYC for your over priced car. Next thank you to the mechanic who built said car and sold it not complete to Matt. Although you desperately wanted this car, you sent the link to me and wished me luck. Lastly thank you to Richard who sold me the car. Thank you for picking up your phone for the 66th time and for cancelling your evening appt because you saw the irony in my story as well. You had owned the car since 2001 and i know you gave her up for a great cause. Im glad i could comtribute a little money toward books, thats the least i could do. So on my way home to DC i counted my blessings and dropped the car off at my uber talented mechanic in Philly and finished the hourney home. 23 hours door to door and memories i will never forget. I look forward to ripping sround in Dee and giving her a warehouse space beside my other prized posessions.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

• Interesting story. Sometimes the planets just align. There are a few of us in Northern VA, and Rockville isn't that far. We ought to plan some sort of get together!
        Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
        1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
        2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
        http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          Welcome to the forums, Phil.

Did you perform a right hand conversion?
          Hi Magnus
          thanks for the welcome..
          Fortunately i live in West Australia so i didn't have to convert the car to Right hand drive..(the thought of doing such a thing..ruining the originality..)
          My car was imported by a friend from japan a few years ago. just after he took receipt of the car he was made a job offer he could not refuse ..but it ment selling the m3
          i purchased it from him .. unregistered... my intention was to tidy it up and register it for the road as it already had quite a few nice upgrades on it ...that was nearly 3 years ago...i got as far as painting the rocker cover on the engine before deciding i would tear the whole thing down and build a fresh motor....little did i know at that point how long it would take and how much it would cost..but in the end it was worth it..
          over the last few years the interior has been fully re-trimmed as original, i have acquired all the goodies that i wanted..///m footrest , evo suede steering wheel / gearknob../ hartge center console gauges../original armrest and mats..
          as for the engine...
          Stage 3 Vac Motorsport cylinder head ..Schrick 284/276 cams..48mm throttle bodies..Carbon DTM intake..WAR Chip and Miller MAF Conversion..Completely Rebuilt(Blueprinted)Bottom End.11:1 Compression CP Pistons....50/50 headers....plus all the other stuff that makes it all work...
          we are now at the stage of tuning the War chip...looking promising to get around 210 to 220 RWHP
          The exterior of the car has the evo replica spoiler and front splitter
          .....the paint was not that good so until i can get enough funds together to have a proper paint job done the car has been covered in the Warsteiner colors..(reversed..as the car is black).

cheers...phil.
          Last edited by philm3; 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Hi, I don't have E30 but maybe

Comment

• Yak she mesh! Glad to have you here. Maybe someone will give you there car?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

• About me: 38, married with kids and somewhat serious car problem.
                Last edited by sainthoo; 05-27-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Somehow butchered that edit.
                  I just purchased an '88 M3, a bit tired, but I plan to bring her back. First up was a list of mechanical issues, bushings, motor mounts, hoses, etc. Next is a complete respray and engine tune up. May need a rebuild at 189k miles, we'll see.

Comment

• Where in VA? There are a few of us around Northern VA/DC and MD.

Please don't forget to list your car at http://www.bmwmregistry.com/models.php?id=3
                    Last edited by Brandon; 05-27-2014, 05:41 AM.
                    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

• ...I'm tired! Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        Where in VA? There are a few of us around Northern VA/DC and MD.

Please don't forget to list your car at http://www.bmwmregistry.com/models.php?id=3
                        Richmond

Comment

• Hello everyone, my name is Nuno Faria, I'm Portuguese, have 29 years! I live in Switzerland and have a M3 E30 December 1986, with the color Salmon Silver Metallic! Thanks to all

Comment

• Welcome to the forum! Glad to add another Salmon solver to the mix.

Comment

• Hi i'm Mansi from Egypt and i won a BMW E30 320is

Comment

• Not new to the forum but have a new screen name due to a systems glitch. I used to be "jayzc529" and realized I never formally introduced myself under that name. Anyway, I'm 36 and in the insurance industry and have had a BMW addiction since I was 19.
                                I'm on my 8th E30 M3 and fondly remember paying $3500 for a DS/black '88 I had about 7 years ago. How times have changed!
                                I currently own a DS/Black '88 that has a S38 swap and am building a S14 for a 2002/M2 project.
                                I have severe car ADD but plan on keeping these 2 for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X