Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

The 5yr project of OCD begins

Comment

• Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
      Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

Welcome aboard, I hope you share your progress with us. I too got my first M3 from a coworker who I'd hounded for a while. When the time came I didn't hesitate.
      1989 Lachs
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Car blog
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

• dudley123
        dudley123 commented
        Editing a comment
        will do! Absolutely plan on a thread once I take possession and start stripping her down!

• Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
      Hello All,

Congrats! Exciting feeling the first few weeks/months... years of ownership

Comment

• Hi folks, I am Thrice and I am the proud owner of my dream car, a 1989 E30 M3! Mine is the only M3 I have ever driven and I am still euphoric every time I take it out! I am looking forward to learning anything I can from the members! My wife and I call North Carolina home.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Great to see a new victim for the ultimate ride of the 80’s
          mike

Comment

• I'm new here, thanks for the welcome And I hope to help and be helping to , im from kuwait , I’ve the beautiful 320is m Italian as how you are calling it , I owned it in 2003 , and it’s really very nice car and strong

Comment

• Hi,

I am Nils from Essen in Germany and own a 320is (the "Italian M3" with the S14B20 two liter engine without cat.) since 2016. I am 41 years old and married with children and owned different cars from the 80s before and also repair some stuff on my own. Currently I am getting more and more familiar with the Motronic engine management but still have a lot of questions on this. Looking forward to the discussions here.

Regards

Nils

Comment

• Hi everyone, nice to meet you -

My name is Jon, I live in Brooklyn NY USA with my wife. I work in music technology and love to surf whenever I can. I also love BMWs and, at long last and after a year-long search, just took possession yesterday of my new pride and joy: my new-to-me 1989 M3, Alpine White on tan, my first e30 M3, which I purchased from fellow forum member evanboyle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delivery.png
Views:	59
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	1301117

A series of fortunate life events recently came together to allow me to finally realize my goal of owning an e30 M3 (aka get permission from my wife) and I began to search in earnest. Evan had listed his car for sale here earlier this year but had ultimately decided to keep it. I nevertheless reached out to him in the hope that I might convince him to part with it. He responded quickly and generously and during an initial phone call, we learned we had a lot more in common than just our love of cars and came to an agreement.

Name:	macys.png
Views:	51
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1301118

Evan had already undertaken a fair amount of work to get the car as pristine as possible before listing it for sale, but he really went crazy to make me a happy buyer. He was incredibly transparent and honest about the condition of the car (which is superb) and all of its flaws (few but this is, after all, a 32-year old car). He facilitated (and funded) several stages of PPI, went through the entire car thoroughly with me in a FaceTime call (with a friend to back me up), included numerous additional parts in the sale and even went to the trouble to have the valve covered re powder-coated because there was some light flaking and it was bothering him. Now, I didn’t ask him to do this, he just did it. He even facilitated shipping, getting it to me weeks faster than my initial quote.

Evan took a huge amount of care to make sure I was happy with the transaction and I would recommend that anyone should deal with him if he’s ever selling anything they want or need. Evan lives in Austin and I live in NY, and I would buy a car sight unseen from him again, without hesitation, no question. As if the car is not delightful enough, he even sent some tapes and a little toy in the glove box, as a little surprise.

Name:	dre.png
Views:	49
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1301119

I took delivery late in the day yesterday and only had time for a quick drive up to Queens, where my Alpine White 89 will spend evenings and snowy days (not a lot of good garage space in downtown Brooklyn) but I have never driven a car that elicited so many beeps, shout outs, thumbs up, etc on my 40 minute trafficky drive in traffic. One guy waved at me to try to stop me; we all know how much people love these cars and how special they are to see, the guy looked like he was about to cry when he saw mine! I am that same guy!

Name:	queens.png
Views:	49
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1301120

The feel of the car was exactly as Evan described. Crisp, tight, balanced, super connected. Shifts really nicely, steering and handling feel great (as expected). Even though I was in traffic, I got one or two windows to open up throttle and with revs the car just came alive. What a lovely machine.

My ’89 Alpine White is already cherished and will share a space with its younger sibling, my ’04 e46 Carbon Black (on cloth) 6MT M3. Both will driven as often as possible when the surf is flat in NYC (sadly, a regular thing) and the weather is nice.

Name:	bothm3s.png
Views:	50
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1301121

I have benefitted so much from this forum as I have learned about these cars and look forward to participating more fully in the community, and perhaps even meeting some of you in person at some point soon. I hope one day I can give back to you as well. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Jonnyslaher great to see a fellow NYer im in Staten Island and former Brooklynite love your 04 by the way lmk if you ever decide to sell I want a carbon black bad
                  when surfs bad come to the island we’ll grab some great pizza and a beer
                  Mike

Comment

• Comment

• Welcome Jon.
                      I'm in NEPA not all that far from you, and also work in the music biz, but on the live touring side (well when we had a live touring side, hopefully thats coming back soon).
                      Hope to meet you possibly at some events.
                      jimmy p.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

• Thanks Mike and Jimmy for the welcome. Look forward to meeting up at some point. Mike, no plans to sell the 04 just yet but would love to grab a slice and talk M3s and, Jimmy, yes, live music soon again please!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X