Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself to this forum, long time E30 M3 owner here. My name is John, and I bought my '88 in 1995. It used to be a track car, but now it's a weekend driver, just under 63k miles on it today. Was more engaged in forums in the past, and now that retirement is on the horizon, picking up again. Confident that I know a number of people on this list, it was great to see so many at LRP on Sunday. Mine was the DS car parked next to Arek's amazing Brilliantrot clean machine.

Here's a tale from the past. Around 2000, my buddy from AOL and S14 lister, JimmyP, was on the road with Ben Folds Five. Lived in Chicago at the time, Jimmy comp'd me tickets to see the band at the Riviera Theatre. Go to the show with a couple of friends, at the Will Call window we got our "Wayne's World-esque" passes and head on in. We enjoyed the show, despite being the 3 oldest people in the crowd (we were telling girls that one of my buddies was Ben's Chicago uncle...). After the show, we sat with Jimmy and the bass player and drummer downing a few beers, talking about M3's. (Ben didn't join us, he had more attractive company). All in all, a great time that happened because of shared enthusiasm for E30 M3's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhody M3 View Post
      Introducing myself to this forum, long time E30 M3 owner here. My name is John, and I bought my '88 in 1995. It used to be a track car, but now it's a weekend driver, just under 63k miles on it today. Was more engaged in forums in the past, and now that retirement is on the horizon, picking up again. Confident that I know a number of people on this list, it was great to see so many at LRP on Sunday. Mine was the DS car parked next to Arek's amazing Brilliantrot clean machine.

Here's a tale from the past. Around 2000, my buddy from AOL and S14 lister, JimmyP, was on the road with Ben Folds Five. Lived in Chicago at the time, Jimmy comp'd me tickets to see the band at the Riviera Theatre. Go to the show with a couple of friends, at the Will Call window we got our "Wayne's World-esque" passes and head on in. We enjoyed the show, despite being the 3 oldest people in the crowd (we were telling girls that one of my buddies was Ben's Chicago uncle...). After the show, we sat with Jimmy and the bass player and drummer downing a few beers, talking about M3's. (Ben didn't join us, he had more attractive company). All in all, a great time that happened because of shared enthusiasm for E30 M3's.
      John, glad to see you here and Welcome!! It was great to meet you at SIGFest @ Lime Rock Park. I hope that we can have an opportunity to share that same enthusiasm for our E30 M3's at another event. Lookout for future SIGFests here and on S14.net / E30 M3 SIG.
      1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Juan and I'm from Medellín, Colombia.

I got my M3 E30 about a week ago, it is a 1987 Coupe that sadly was left forgotten for almost 25 years. The car has just 32.000 miles on the clock and the general condition of it is pretty decent (accounting for what 25 years of tropical weather can do to a car). The plan with this car is to restore it from the ground, except for the upholstery, which is in surprisingly good shape. Expensive but rewarding journey. Regarding the M3, the previous owner sold me as a "plain" M3 E30. I didn't look it up to far, as getting one M3 down here is near impossible (even E30 are hard and expensive to get). Only after a day or so, a friend of mine ran the VIN on a couple of forums and databases and found out it was an M3 Evolution I, apparently one out of two in the whole country.

The M3 is my garage queen and shares parking spots with my two dailies (VW Tiguan and Mini Cooper SE Electric) and two other BMWs: a 325i E30 Cabriolet from 1987 and an M4 CS F82 2019.

Attached you'll find a couple of pics of when I got the car, how it currently is, and with his E30 sibling

Best,
        Juan
        Attached Files
        1987 M3 E30 Evo - Lachssilber Metallische - 5spd Manual
        1987 325i E30 Cabriolet - Alpineweiss - 5spd Manual
        2013 VW Tiguan 2,0T - Toffee Brown Metallic - 6spd manual AWD
        2019 M4 CS F82 - Mineralgrau Metallische - 7spd DCT
        2022 Mini Cooper SE - Moonwalk Gray Metallic

Comment

• Hello everyone. My name is Paul and I have joined this forum to get some advice and suggestions from the membership.

I have an 88 M3 that I purchased in 1999 as a daily driver. I drove it for about 5 years and put around 80k on the car. At that point I purchased a more practical daily driver and just drove the M3 on weekends when the weather was nice. A few years later I stopped driving it completely. At that point it had a number of issues and I didn't want to invest the time and money to fix them. My thinking was that I would hold on to the car and when I retired I would do a restomod conversion. At the time I thought as LS swap was the way to go. However a couple of years ago with the availability of high powered turbo 4 cylinder engines and the popularity of derelict builds I thought I would go that route instead. Now with the car increasing in value and collectability I am wondering if perhaps I should sell it to someone who would restore it or perhaps just fix all the issues and leave it all original. Since I am now retired I can devote the time needed to fix it, however I am afraid that even after I get it all fixed up and running good that I wouldn't drive it much since I just took delivery of a new C8 Corvette and that is where my driving focus is and will likely stay for a while. I would be interested to know what your thoughts are. I will include a couple of photos, one when I took delivery and one of its current state.

Comment

• Good morning. My name’s Kenny. I’ve joined this morning and am excited to share and learn from the group. Much of my time has been spent with Italian sports cars, but I daily an E36 M3 and was recently put in the position of having to buy an E30 M3. I say “having” because I did everything I had to make sure I didn’t miss the opportunity…I don’t think I’ll ever have another shot at one, so, I jumped through the hoops! Thanks all!

Comment

• Originally posted by EThirtyinCT View Post
              Good morning. My name’s Kenny. I’ve joined this morning and am excited to share and learn from the group. Much of my time has been spent with Italian sports cars, but I daily an E36 M3 and was recently put in the position of having to buy an E30 M3. I say “having” because I did everything I had to make sure I didn’t miss the opportunity…I don’t think I’ll ever have another shot at one, so, I jumped through the hoops! Thanks all!
              Having to buy. I've been put in worse scenerios that's for sure. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Working...
              X