Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodega
    replied
    Dream came true, and I'm now the proud owner of a very clean Brilliantrot 1988 M3. I just joined up here and looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible at events and learning more about this car that's new to me. I haven't been on a forum like this since my Turbobricks.com days, but I plan to stick around here for as long as I own the M3, and I plan for that to be a long time! We just had a baby and my goal is to keep the car in the shape it's in now until she can ride shotgun with me when she's old enough to be out of a car seat.

It looks like I just missed SIGFest, but I did attend an FCP Euro meet at Lime Rock this past weekend, which was good fun though we were the only E30 M3 there. We're a 2 BMW family, with a 2015 328i xDrive Sports Wagon being the second. See you all around!

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    Originally posted by CamayroZ View Post
    In 1988 I was a 24 yo married engineer and financed (key word) a new 1988 M3. It replaced my 1986 Ford Mustang SVO! I totaled that M3 around 1990/91 at PIR and went back to the dealer and financed another left over used (1000mi) 1988 M3! Yes, these are great cars and 30 years later I still have that M3 and another 11 similar cars! The M3 is by far my slowest, lowest hp and torque, not the lightest, but my most favorite.

A lot of great knowledgeable folks on this forum.
    welcome!

Leave a comment:

• CamayroZ
    replied
    In 1988 I was a 24 yo married engineer and financed (key word) a new 1988 M3. It replaced my 1986 Ford Mustang SVO! I totaled that M3 around 1990/91 at PIR and went back to the dealer and financed another left over used (1000mi) 1988 M3! Yes, these are great cars and 30 years later I still have that M3 and another 11 similar cars! The M3 is by far my slowest, lowest hp and torque, not the lightest, but my most favorite.

A lot of great knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• canuckracer
    replied
    Hi
    I am a long term BMW nut. Started with an E30 325is, the E30 M3 in about 1999- zinnoberrot, E46 325 wagon, E46 M3 cabriolet - serial# 000, E89 Z4 30i, E89 Z4 35is(currently), and
    picking up a 2015 X5 35d in a couple of days.
    I'm getting close to finishing a full restoration on my 1988 Canadian Spec M3 so I though I'd join in finally.
    Been in for professional restoration from March 2021 to August 2022 - almost finished!!
    Picking up tomorrow from Korva World Class Collision here in Vancouver.
    Dry ice blasting, tires and mounting the new Supersprint exhaust system to go.
    I will post pictures when I figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• BERZIADR2
    replied
    Good evening or good afternoon as the case may be,
    My name is Andrew, I grew up in the states but moved to Europe in 1993. I have had BMWs most of this time and have a 2002ti as well as a E30 320i. Recently, I bought a Euro spec UK Market 1987 M3, that was upgraded in 1991 with a so called "Hartge 240bhp kit". Unfortunately it is a restored car, quality of the restoration work is patchy (not great panel gaps, not correct fasteners) etc. etc and while this restoration was done in 2011, noone knows who did what to it... It seems to be otherwise original and straight, but she is a looker only if you dont know M3's too well.
    I do have a few issues, like rich idle mixture which I have not been able to solve and am staring at the AFM on my desk as the possible culprit... so a post is forthcoming on that.
    I wanted to upload a picture, but I kept getting an error that the photo geometry is invalid (
    IMG-20220508-WA0004.jpg
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Invalid image geometry')
    ...Hmm.
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran Kelleher View Post
    How do you create a thread?
    Click on Forums
    Click on General E30M3 Discussion
    Click on + New Topic
    Type away!!!​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Fran Kelleher
    replied
    How do you create a thread?

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran Kelleher View Post
    Hi there
    New to this site & struggle a bit getting my head around forums. I have a 1988 M3 E30 & have a few questions. Just checking that this initial message is getting out there
    Thanks
    Fran
    welcome. create a thread about the car and your questions

Leave a comment:

• Fran Kelleher
    replied
    Hi there
    New to this site & struggle a bit getting my head around forums. I have a 1988 M3 E30 & have a few questions. Just checking that this initial message is getting out there
    Thanks
    Fran

Leave a comment:

• cncmastr
    replied
    Hi all! Long time, first time.

I just bought a 1989 Johnny Cecotto in Misano with Silver MTech interior. I am a huge BMW fan, as one could tell from my YouTube channel where I film pretty much all BMW content, but this is my first E30 M3. I have an three E30 318is' (all the same color and spec), and of course a ton of newer ones, but this will be the first E30 M3.

I'm looking forward to add and share content with the community over time!

JP

Leave a comment:

• 168glhs1986
    replied
    Originally posted by EThirtyinCT View Post
    Good morning. My name’s Kenny. I’ve joined this morning and am excited to share and learn from the group. Much of my time has been spent with Italian sports cars, but I daily an E36 M3 and was recently put in the position of having to buy an E30 M3. I say “having” because I did everything I had to make sure I didn’t miss the opportunity…I don’t think I’ll ever have another shot at one, so, I jumped through the hoops! Thanks all!
    Having to buy. I've been put in worse scenerios that's for sure. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• EThirtyinCT
    replied
    Good morning. My name’s Kenny. I’ve joined this morning and am excited to share and learn from the group. Much of my time has been spent with Italian sports cars, but I daily an E36 M3 and was recently put in the position of having to buy an E30 M3. I say “having” because I did everything I had to make sure I didn’t miss the opportunity…I don’t think I’ll ever have another shot at one, so, I jumped through the hoops! Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• Zubtka
    replied
    Hello everyone. My name is Paul and I have joined this forum to get some advice and suggestions from the membership.

I have an 88 M3 that I purchased in 1999 as a daily driver. I drove it for about 5 years and put around 80k on the car. At that point I purchased a more practical daily driver and just drove the M3 on weekends when the weather was nice. A few years later I stopped driving it completely. At that point it had a number of issues and I didn't want to invest the time and money to fix them. My thinking was that I would hold on to the car and when I retired I would do a restomod conversion. At the time I thought as LS swap was the way to go. However a couple of years ago with the availability of high powered turbo 4 cylinder engines and the popularity of derelict builds I thought I would go that route instead. Now with the car increasing in value and collectability I am wondering if perhaps I should sell it to someone who would restore it or perhaps just fix all the issues and leave it all original. Since I am now retired I can devote the time needed to fix it, however I am afraid that even after I get it all fixed up and running good that I wouldn't drive it much since I just took delivery of a new C8 Corvette and that is where my driving focus is and will likely stay for a while. I would be interested to know what your thoughts are. I will include a couple of photos, one when I took delivery and one of its current state.

Leave a comment:

• jjaram89
    replied
    Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Juan and I'm from Medellín, Colombia.

I got my M3 E30 about a week ago, it is a 1987 Coupe that sadly was left forgotten for almost 25 years. The car has just 32.000 miles on the clock and the general condition of it is pretty decent (accounting for what 25 years of tropical weather can do to a car). The plan with this car is to restore it from the ground, except for the upholstery, which is in surprisingly good shape. Expensive but rewarding journey. Regarding the M3, the previous owner sold me as a "plain" M3 E30. I didn't look it up to far, as getting one M3 down here is near impossible (even E30 are hard and expensive to get). Only after a day or so, a friend of mine ran the VIN on a couple of forums and databases and found out it was an M3 Evolution I, apparently one out of two in the whole country.

The M3 is my garage queen and shares parking spots with my two dailies (VW Tiguan and Mini Cooper SE Electric) and two other BMWs: a 325i E30 Cabriolet from 1987 and an M4 CS F82 2019.

Attached you'll find a couple of pics of when I got the car, how it currently is, and with his E30 sibling

Best,
    Juan
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• L James
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhody M3 View Post
    Introducing myself to this forum, long time E30 M3 owner here. My name is John, and I bought my '88 in 1995. It used to be a track car, but now it's a weekend driver, just under 63k miles on it today. Was more engaged in forums in the past, and now that retirement is on the horizon, picking up again. Confident that I know a number of people on this list, it was great to see so many at LRP on Sunday. Mine was the DS car parked next to Arek's amazing Brilliantrot clean machine.

Here's a tale from the past. Around 2000, my buddy from AOL and S14 lister, JimmyP, was on the road with Ben Folds Five. Lived in Chicago at the time, Jimmy comp'd me tickets to see the band at the Riviera Theatre. Go to the show with a couple of friends, at the Will Call window we got our "Wayne's World-esque" passes and head on in. We enjoyed the show, despite being the 3 oldest people in the crowd (we were telling girls that one of my buddies was Ben's Chicago uncle...). After the show, we sat with Jimmy and the bass player and drummer downing a few beers, talking about M3's. (Ben didn't join us, he had more attractive company). All in all, a great time that happened because of shared enthusiasm for E30 M3's.
    John, glad to see you here and Welcome!! It was great to meet you at SIGFest @ Lime Rock Park. I hope that we can have an opportunity to share that same enthusiasm for our E30 M3's at another event. Lookout for future SIGFests here and on S14.net / E30 M3 SIG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X