Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petercory
    replied
    Electrical Question
    Can anyone provide the BMW Part # or other source for the Oil Temp. Connector plug that plugs into the back of the Tach?

Leave a comment:

• 99M3Riverside
    replied
    Originally posted by Guyom View Post
    Hi everyone.

My name is Guillaume, from France but living in the Middle-East.

I bought a 1990 M3 on Bring-A-Trailer last year, the effect of being bored during lockdown!

I'm almost done with its restoration and it's starting to look good! Hope to share that with you soon.

Cheers,
    Guillaume

Welcome, you only live once. What brought you to the middle east?

Leave a comment:

• Guyom
    replied
    Hi everyone.

My name is Guillaume, from France but living in the Middle-East.

I bought a 1990 M3 on Bring-A-Trailer last year, the effect of being bored during lockdown!

I'm almost done with its restoration and it's starting to look good! Hope to share that with you soon.

Cheers,
    Guillaume

Leave a comment:

• Jonnyslasher
    replied
    Thanks Mike and Jimmy for the welcome. Look forward to meeting up at some point. Mike, no plans to sell the 04 just yet but would love to grab a slice and talk M3s and, Jimmy, yes, live music soon again please!!!

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Welcome Jon.
    I'm in NEPA not all that far from you, and also work in the music biz, but on the live touring side (well when we had a live touring side, hopefully thats coming back soon).
    Hope to meet you possibly at some events.

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied
    Jonnyslaher great to see a fellow NYer im in Staten Island and former Brooklynite love your 04 by the way lmk if you ever decide to sell I want a carbon black bad
    when surfs bad come to the island we’ll grab some great pizza and a beer
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Jonnyslasher
    replied
    Hi everyone, nice to meet you -

My name is Jon, I live in Brooklyn NY USA with my wife. I work in music technology and love to surf whenever I can. I also love BMWs and, at long last and after a year-long search, just took possession yesterday of my new pride and joy: my new-to-me 1989 M3, Alpine White on tan, my first e30 M3, which I purchased from fellow forum member evanboyle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delivery.png
Views:	114
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	1301117

A series of fortunate life events recently came together to allow me to finally realize my goal of owning an e30 M3 (aka get permission from my wife) and I began to search in earnest. Evan had listed his car for sale here earlier this year but had ultimately decided to keep it. I nevertheless reached out to him in the hope that I might convince him to part with it. He responded quickly and generously and during an initial phone call, we learned we had a lot more in common than just our love of cars and came to an agreement.

Name:	macys.png
Views:	95
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1301118

Evan had already undertaken a fair amount of work to get the car as pristine as possible before listing it for sale, but he really went crazy to make me a happy buyer. He was incredibly transparent and honest about the condition of the car (which is superb) and all of its flaws (few but this is, after all, a 32-year old car). He facilitated (and funded) several stages of PPI, went through the entire car thoroughly with me in a FaceTime call (with a friend to back me up), included numerous additional parts in the sale and even went to the trouble to have the valve covered re powder-coated because there was some light flaking and it was bothering him. Now, I didn’t ask him to do this, he just did it. He even facilitated shipping, getting it to me weeks faster than my initial quote.

Evan took a huge amount of care to make sure I was happy with the transaction and I would recommend that anyone should deal with him if he’s ever selling anything they want or need. Evan lives in Austin and I live in NY, and I would buy a car sight unseen from him again, without hesitation, no question. As if the car is not delightful enough, he even sent some tapes and a little toy in the glove box, as a little surprise.

Name:	dre.png
Views:	92
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1301119

I took delivery late in the day yesterday and only had time for a quick drive up to Queens, where my Alpine White 89 will spend evenings and snowy days (not a lot of good garage space in downtown Brooklyn) but I have never driven a car that elicited so many beeps, shout outs, thumbs up, etc on my 40 minute trafficky drive in traffic. One guy waved at me to try to stop me; we all know how much people love these cars and how special they are to see, the guy looked like he was about to cry when he saw mine! I am that same guy!

Name:	queens.png
Views:	93
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1301120

The feel of the car was exactly as Evan described. Crisp, tight, balanced, super connected. Shifts really nicely, steering and handling feel great (as expected). Even though I was in traffic, I got one or two windows to open up throttle and with revs the car just came alive. What a lovely machine.

My ’89 Alpine White is already cherished and will share a space with its younger sibling, my ’04 e46 Carbon Black (on cloth) 6MT M3. Both will driven as often as possible when the surf is flat in NYC (sadly, a regular thing) and the weather is nice.

Name:	bothm3s.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1301121

I have benefitted so much from this forum as I have learned about these cars and look forward to participating more fully in the community, and perhaps even meeting some of you in person at some point soon. I hope one day I can give back to you as well. Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• weisen
    replied
    Hi,

I am Nils from Essen in Germany and own a 320is (the "Italian M3" with the S14B20 two liter engine without cat.) since 2016. I am 41 years old and married with children and owned different cars from the 80s before and also repair some stuff on my own. Currently I am getting more and more familiar with the Motronic engine management but still have a lot of questions on this. Looking forward to the discussions here.

Regards

Nils

Leave a comment:

• Eng.re
    replied
    I'm new here, thanks for the welcome And I hope to help and be helping to , im from kuwait , I’ve the beautiful 320is m Italian as how you are calling it , I owned it in 2003 , and it’s really very nice car and strong

Leave a comment:

• evommm
    replied
    Great to see a new victim for the ultimate ride of the 80’s
    mike

Leave a comment:

• Thrice GenOne
    replied
    Hi folks, I am Thrice and I am the proud owner of my dream car, a 1989 E30 M3! Mine is the only M3 I have ever driven and I am still euphoric every time I take it out! I am looking forward to learning anything I can from the members! My wife and I call North Carolina home.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
    Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

The 5yr project of OCD begins
    Congrats! Exciting feeling the first few weeks/months... years of ownership

Leave a comment:

• dudley123
    commented on 's reply
    will do! Absolutely plan on a thread once I take possession and start stripping her down!

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
    Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

The 5yr project of OCD begins
    Welcome aboard, I hope you share your progress with us. I too got my first M3 from a coworker who I'd hounded for a while. When the time came I didn't hesitate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X