Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the site! Please introduce yourself / Greet our new members.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evommm
    replied
    Great to see a new victim for the ultimate ride of the 80’s
    mike

Leave a comment:

• Thrice GenOne
    replied
    Hi folks, I am Thrice and I am the proud owner of my dream car, a 1989 E30 M3! Mine is the only M3 I have ever driven and I am still euphoric every time I take it out! I am looking forward to learning anything I can from the members! My wife and I call North Carolina home.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
    Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

The 5yr project of OCD begins
    Congrats! Exciting feeling the first few weeks/months... years of ownership

Leave a comment:

• dudley123
    commented on 's reply
    will do! Absolutely plan on a thread once I take possession and start stripping her down!

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
    Hello All,

Based out of Seattle. Old Coworker who joked about selling me his 88 M3 7-8yrs ago, I finally got the call this week! Down the rabbithole I go. Car needs a motor, states it was driven into his garage and wouldn't restart. seized or bearing was the culprit he's been told. Either way, excited as it's a no rust car!

Welcome aboard, I hope you share your progress with us. I too got my first M3 from a coworker who I'd hounded for a while. When the time came I didn't hesitate.

Leave a comment:

• dudley123
    replied
    Hello All,

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    didn't know they made a Karim interior. Karminrot as an exterior E30 color is one of my favorites...along with Macau.
    this was my Karminrot E30 320i with an M50 swap.

Leave a comment:

• me30
    replied
    No it isn't a Cecotto edition. It's one of the last edition (1990) with a rare combinaison of Macau and Karmensinrot (Crimsonred, Cardinal was for version before 1989). The car has this original combinaison since the factory. Here's a picture of the interior :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	777.0 KB
ID:	1287118

Leave a comment:

• Mick
    replied
    Looks great. Is that a Cecotto edition? And does it have a Cardinal red interior? I've never seen Macau with Cardinal.

Leave a comment:

• me30
    replied
    Hi. For a long time I come on your site but never made a profil. My name's Florian and I'm coming form belgium. I own a Macau M3 from 1990 since 2005 (I was 22). Here's picture when I bought the car, and a picture of the car now. Some modification/amelioration were done until now and I continue to improoving it !

Name:	e30m3_1127485616_compr_50ko.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1287105

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	1287106

Leave a comment:

• Jorlokini
    replied
    jeje...this was the day I received the toy...plenty of work to do but I really like the car so much
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Originally posted by Jorlokini View Post
    Hi,

Im a new member of the group. I recently bought an 87 M3 E30 Im going to restore. Thanks for adding me to the group
    Welcome and congrats. Looks like a sister car to mine? Lachsilber? Mine is an 87 lachsilber but called a 88 model I think... My vin ends in 6259 ,where's yours in relation? (I'm just going off the pic in your handle.)

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    commented on 's reply
    welcome! but....pics and details of your car or it didn't happen! :-)

• Jorlokini
    replied
    Hi,

Im a new member of the group. I recently bought an 87 M3 E30 Im going to restore. Thanks for adding me to the group

Leave a comment:

• 02FLY
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Marshall! I think the one on the FAQ might be the late David Lumbra's handle but it's my license plate and a great poem. I'm FerosFerio over there. You're also a man of discerning taste. I have your build thread pinned to my desktop. I also have a Guards red 77 911 outlaw and a Rosso red 71 Pantera ongoing project. Hopefully, you along with Le can mentor and reign in my S14 build scope creep so I don't go broke!
Working...
X