Hartge or Stromung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartge or Stromung?

Considering i would get them for the same price, which would u go for?
    Hartge
    50.00%
    Stromung
    50.00%
    Last edited by TheRealM3; 12-02-2003, 08:58 PM.
    "A wolf in wolves clothing"
    Tiff Needell

I would get Hartge, it has pure European look, good sound, plus it's super rare...

Comment

I recently purchased a used Stromung for my '89 325i and I've been pleased with the results. The build quality looks good and the sound is pleasing to the ear. Not too loud or irritating.

Jon
      I will own an E30 M3....someday.

Comment

The stromung is the best muffler for this car if you are using a stock style center section. Sound, weight, performance, quality, everything is best IMHO.

Here is a pic of my stromung and Supersprint next to each other so you can see the size difference. The down side is that the stromung can be a bit loud if used with a euro resonator but I believe it is a lot quieter than the Hartge. It is low sounding (VERY low) and relatively quiet at idle and low revs, but has a very unique scream-like sound at high revs WOT. This muffler is super lightweight too…

Jeff J.
        1990 E30 M3

Comment

Here is a pic of mine.

I personally think it's too loud, but it's what came with the car.

This way!

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Go for the Hartge if you can get it for the same price.

My car had a Hartge exhaust on it when I bought it which I liked a lot until it rusted off. Good sound and not commonly seen. (I do not know how well the previous owners cared for the car, so no idea about true longevity)

I replaced it with a Stromung and like it quite a bit. I'd say that the sound is very similar.

Comment

Working...
            X