Wierd Vibration/Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Vibration/Noise

I have a wierd noise coming from the front of my car...i believe its the left front wheel bearing..but i want to know what yall think...

The noise/slight vibration is only bad from 70-80 MPH when turning left...other than that it wouldnt be noticeable at all...but at those speeds its quite loud...

Now that i know its there i can kind of feel/hear it at other random speeds...but its barely barely noticeable...

I just had an aligment done today and that didnt fix anything...

The rims are straight....

Any ideas what it could be?

Could my KMACS not being set perfectly cause this problem? They are pretty close...but not dialed in exactly...

Thanks
    ADA///M

SO when you turn right you hear it? I was told it's the opposite bearing from the turning direction. But yes, it sounds like a bearing. You can borrow my tools when I'm done assembling them. I might even help.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Well the kmac alignment won't do it. Wheel bearings tend to make noise when corner loaded. For left turns that would be the RF. Usually it would occur across a wider range of speeds though. How is your wheel/tire balance? Bushings? Maybe you and Magnus should have a front wheel bearing party!

Stan

Comment

WOOO HOOOO front wheel bearing orgy...

It makes the noise when i turn left only...so then i assume its the right front...

I replaced one about 2 years ago..ill have to try and track down which one for sure...i think it was the left one though...IT ALL IS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE NOW

Thanks for the help everyone...

I'll try and give you a call this weekend dave...maybe i can come down and give ya a hand...it doesnt sound like a very easy job alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
          Maybe you and Magnus should have a front wheel bearing party!
          We'll have a party in Adam's mouth and everyone will....

Originally posted by ADA///M
          it doesnt sound like a very easy job alone...
          With friends like you, I shouldn't have friends.

TOTALLY JOKING...

I don't think I'll be doing it this weekend. I have to wait for my tools to be delivered. I'm going to change-out my rotors, pads and brake lines all around as well. Do you have a pressure bleeder Adam?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

MMMMM...sounds yummy...i cant wait :sosad:

No pressure bleeder....do you really need one? If you have two people bleeding the brakes is quite easy....

Good timing on the rotors/pads and lines...the lines can be a pain in the ass...are you doing all four rear ones also?

How bad is the wheel bearing that you wont drive it at all?

ADA///M

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus

I don't think I'll be doing it this weekend.

You may want to watch the weather channel. I wouldn't want to do it either.

Tony

Comment

we have a bleeder but it is the most ghetto thing ever but right now it's sitting in a bucket of oil
                Old School

Comment

Thats not a pressure bleeder...thats just a bleeder catch thingy...

Comment

Working...
                  X