Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CourtM3
    replied
    Oh man just saw I replied to this thread long time ago. Having the same issue now and tried the starting fluid trick and it attempted to start but failed. Had already changed TPS, main relay and fuel pump relay as quick 10 min fixes.

Tomorrow will go out and check the rest.

Leave a comment:

• SEDesign
    replied
    Originally posted by B Marques View Post
    just bang your ecu a few times that seems to be the prob. with alot of e30s. did u touch the glove box?
    That works for me too.

I leave out the plastic access panel that covers the DME so during the occasional no start/hiccup/bogging down, I just reach over and tap on it a few times and I'll be on my way again.

Give it a try the next time your car won't fire up - it just might work.

Leave a comment:

• wrassemeister
    replied
    sure his new shops address is:
    9830 Derby Ln
    Westchester, IL 60154-3701

Leave a comment:

• ahlem
    replied
    Do you have Ben's new address? I went by his old shop twice but no one was there. I'd like to hear the story of how he got the old place cleaned out, or maybe he didn't do that yet. He's a great resource.

Leave a comment:

• B Marques
    replied
    just bang your ecu a few times that seems to be the prob. with alot of e30s. did u touch the glove box?

Leave a comment:

• wrassemeister
    replied
    Ben said its the crank position sensor.... Going tom to pick it up

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Any update? Did you and Ben figure out the problem?

Leave a comment:

• fast325it
    replied
    Ben

Scott,

I sent you a PM.

John

Leave a comment:

• onutsguy
    replied
    Can you shoot me contact info for Ben Thongsai?!? :cheer2:

Thanks!
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• ahlem
    replied
    If you don't let the car run a bit when you start it you may foul the plugs. I'd pop in a new set just to be sure. I've had plugs look just fine but not run the car.

Leave a comment:

• Az in Oz
    replied
    Dominic's comments make allot of sense. The ECU looks for that reference signal to get everything going. Check the sensors and clean up the oil then give it a shot, it could be your culprit.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• CourtM3
    replied
    you're right in Glenview. I'm up north in Waukegan and there are a few guys close. But I agree take it to Ben and all your trouble will end.

Leave a comment:

• wrassemeister
    replied
    oh also when I drive the car the fuel gauge level goes down and then goes back up when it is parked and idling....

Leave a comment:

• fast325it
    replied
    Show us the car! We want to see your new car.

Ben's the man. He'll touch the fender and then tell you what your M3 needs.

Leave a comment:

• wrassemeister
    replied
    hmm... There is a lightweight flywheel in the car, I did also notice a lot of oil on the bellhousing, perhaps the sensor got fouled during the drive back. I'm taking the car to a local mechanic ( ben thongsai) on Monday...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X