Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Paint and body work question

Hey guys,

Just wanted to do a quick poll for E30M3 owners. I know that good condition E30M3s are getting rarer and getting more expensive each day. I wanted to get a better market understanding about the condition of our car's paint and body work. It'll be interesting knowing that our cars our almost 20 years old!
    My car has original paint and body panels. No accidents or resprays.
    20.27%
    My car has had minor paint or body work.
    32.43%
    My car has had major paint or body work.
    14.86%
    My car has a full repaint.
    32.43%

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
    97 Porsche Carrera S
    13 Audi S6
    SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
    GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Minor disclaimer to my vote, I do have original paint and panels, no body work but there is a sign of a minor clear coat refresh on one of the panels.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

what about the glass?

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
        what about the glass?

T
        I'm thinking glass is cool. But for those that still have a break-in sticker on their windshield :drive:, all the power to you :cool:

97 Porsche Carrera S
        13 Audi S6
        SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
        GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Never been wrecked or had panels replaced, just a few panels resprayed.

Comment

full glass out repaint in 00.

Comment

The paint on the spoiler and front bumper was so pitted and cracked I had to repaint.. I figured I may as well shoot the whole thing... 3 years later I want to respray it again! Black shows all scratches :beef:
              Rich!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks to everyone who has replied. :drums:

97 Porsche Carrera S
                13 Audi S6
                SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

My car a 1990 has had paint on the front and back bumpers as the last owner (stupid german) thought the bumper coach line would look better smothed but also i have slight bubble rust starting by the scuttle area so ill rip that out and put a new one in , And ill be respraying the car all over with the class, doors, boot, bonnet, wings and bumpers removed

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                    The paint on the spoiler and front bumper was so pitted and cracked I had to repaint.. I figured I may as well shoot the whole thing... 3 years later I want to respray it again! Black shows all scratches :beef:
                    I'm thinking of doing a 'scratch-free' clear + complete repaint in a year or so. Not that it absolutely necesitates it, but I would like to bring it to showroom condition. Appearently from what I hear and have seen, this scratch-free clearcoat is an ideal solution to black cars, whether or not they are DD's. Thoughts anyone on the scratch-free clearcoat from experience or otherwise?
                    sigpic
                    Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

My car has been painted down both sides, has a non-matching decklid, and some bondo on the left rear quarter right behind the door that does not extend to the wheel well. I plan on getting it painted professionally in the next six to eight months so I do not feel self-concious when I look at all of the gems on this site.

I checked major paint or body work on the poll.

Maybe one day I'll get a pristine M3, but for now, this is my baby. When it's done, hopefully it'll be as nice as some of the ones I see here on S14.
                      Last edited by mshii; 05-21-2008, 10:37 AM. Reason: More info,

Comment

My car has all original panels, original paint in excellent condition even on the spoiler, original windshield with break in sticker intact.

Comment

mine had some minor body work done a few owners ago.. at that time it was repainted green from DS. Everything was painted except the engine bay (I took peeks under carpet and door panels.. all green)
                          06 325i | 90 535iM | 90 M3

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post
                            I'm thinking glass is cool. But for those that still have a break-in sticker on their windshield :drive:, all the power to you :cool:
                            I still have the break in sticker and the car has 208 k miles on her

Comment

mine is original paint, but it needs paint & bodywork
                              cars suck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X