Clear All

• ///MDeuce
    replied
    mine is original paint, but it needs paint & bodywork

Leave a comment:

• Todd black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post
    I'm thinking glass is cool. But for those that still have a break-in sticker on their windshield :drive:, all the power to you :cool:
    I still have the break in sticker and the car has 208 k miles on her

Leave a comment:

• arakele
    replied
    mine had some minor body work done a few owners ago.. at that time it was repainted green from DS. Everything was painted except the engine bay (I took peeks under carpet and door panels.. all green)

Leave a comment:

• beemer_rider
    replied
    My car has all original panels, original paint in excellent condition even on the spoiler, original windshield with break in sticker intact.

Leave a comment:

• mshii
    replied
    My car has been painted down both sides, has a non-matching decklid, and some bondo on the left rear quarter right behind the door that does not extend to the wheel well. I plan on getting it painted professionally in the next six to eight months so I do not feel self-concious when I look at all of the gems on this site.

I checked major paint or body work on the poll.

Maybe one day I'll get a pristine M3, but for now, this is my baby. When it's done, hopefully it'll be as nice as some of the ones I see here on S14.
    Last edited by mshii; 05-21-2008, 11:37 AM. Reason: More info,

Leave a comment:

• CAOSyAMOR
    replied
    Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
    The paint on the spoiler and front bumper was so pitted and cracked I had to repaint.. I figured I may as well shoot the whole thing... 3 years later I want to respray it again! Black shows all scratches :beef:
    I'm thinking of doing a 'scratch-free' clear + complete repaint in a year or so. Not that it absolutely necesitates it, but I would like to bring it to showroom condition. Appearently from what I hear and have seen, this scratch-free clearcoat is an ideal solution to black cars, whether or not they are DD's. Thoughts anyone on the scratch-free clearcoat from experience or otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• M4D M4X
    replied
    My car a 1990 has had paint on the front and back bumpers as the last owner (stupid german) thought the bumper coach line would look better smothed but also i have slight bubble rust starting by the scuttle area so ill rip that out and put a new one in , And ill be respraying the car all over with the class, doors, boot, bonnet, wings and bumpers removed

Leave a comment:

• SeattleE30///M3
    replied
    Sweet! Thanks to everyone who has replied. :drums:

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    The paint on the spoiler and front bumper was so pitted and cracked I had to repaint.. I figured I may as well shoot the whole thing... 3 years later I want to respray it again! Black shows all scratches :beef:

Leave a comment:

• CourtM3
    replied
    full glass out repaint in 00.

Leave a comment:

• S14pwrdE30
    replied
    Never been wrecked or had panels replaced, just a few panels resprayed.

Leave a comment:

• SeattleE30///M3
    replied
    Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
    what about the glass?

T
    I'm thinking glass is cool. But for those that still have a break-in sticker on their windshield :drive:, all the power to you :cool:

Leave a comment:

• HANDBLT
    replied
    what about the glass?

T

Leave a comment:

• noro
    replied
    Minor disclaimer to my vote, I do have original paint and panels, no body work but there is a sign of a minor clear coat refresh on one of the panels.

Leave a comment:

• SeattleE30///M3
    started a poll Poll: Paint and body work question

Poll: Paint and body work question

My car has original paint and body panels. No accidents or resprays.
    20.27%
    My car has had minor paint or body work.
    32.43%
    My car has had major paint or body work.
    14.86%
    My car has a full repaint.
    32.43%
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to do a quick poll for E30M3 owners. I know that good condition E30M3s are getting rarer and getting more expensive each day. I wanted to get a better market understanding about the condition of our car's paint and body work. It'll be interesting knowing that our cars our almost 20 years old!
Working...
X