Where can I get a shop manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a shop manual?

Okay, I ordered the Turner 2.5 kit today and am just waiting back for a final price on my valvetrain stuff, which should be ordered in the next day or 2.

So I'm gonna be starting my 2.5 liter rebuild this winter. I'm going to need the shop manual to do this. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have been looking around online and can't seem to find what I am looking for, and I'm not exactly sure WHAT I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me where to get a shop manual?

2.5 is gonna be miiiiiiiine. :] :] :]
    Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
    1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Get the CD-Rom version at www.bavauto.com. Costs like a tad over $100.

Mad Mike

Comment

Im confused, I don't see a shop manual on there, just a parts diagram CD-ROM and the Chilton's Repair manuals. Maybe I'm stupid, where is the shop manual cdrom?

P.S. Are you talking about the Koala one? Is that as good as a real shop manual?
      Last edited by T2E30; 12-04-2003, 02:34 PM.
      Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
      1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

I'll be damned. They don't have it listed. I would call them at 1-800-535-2002 (ext 7 customer service) and tell them exactly what you want (CD ROM for E30 M3) and they should be able to get it for you. Customer service at Bavauto is topnotch.

Mad Mike

Comment

I while ago I picked up a 6 CD set from someone and it came with the factory repair manual on CD. I think this is pretty common with those CD sets you see on Ebay. You can also find used paper copies but they're a bit on the expensive side. I think I paid something like $225 for mine about 3 years ago.

I have the Koala CD too and I don't really use it much. I've gone in there to reconfirm some stuff but that's about it. Oh, and some torque specs since the factory manual doesn't include them.

I'm a bit of an information whore so I'd recommend picking up all the variations available. Chiltonís, Bentley, Factory, Koala, ETM, ETK, Grp A and Grp N parts catalogs. Just get them all. I'll find info in one that's not in the others all the time. Together you'll have about everything you could ever need to figure it out.

HTH,
          Jake Larsen

Comment

I have the factory BMW manual on CD scanned to PDF file. Got it on ebay for $9.00! It is everything you will ever need besides the ETK parts list. Take a look around before you pay more than that. I have never used the Koala for any real repair work, its kind of useless. If you can get it for free, then it might be worth just having.

Comment

Originally posted by wookie1976
              I have the factory BMW manual on CD scanned to PDF file. Got it on ebay for $9.00! It is everything you will ever need besides the ETK parts list. Take a look around before you pay more than that. I have never used the Koala for any real repair work, its kind of useless. If you can get it for free, then it might be worth just having.
              I got that same thing off ebay. It is good but the the picture quality is horrible. Maybe its just my version...but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Webb
                I got that same thing off ebay. It is good but the the picture quality is horrible. Maybe its just my version...but I doubt it.
                Yea, the picture quality is not the best, but for $9 who cares. Guess if you need to rely on a manual to do your work, get something better like an original copy. I mostly use mine for reference so it works great for that.

Comment

The Koala Cd is nice, I to use it for torque specs, and to see if there are any short cuts, it's nice as a companion to the factory manual.

I got mine on eBay a while ago, it's about 3000 pages, but there is hardly any details on things. It's hardly ever used.

You may want to go to some local independent BMW shops and see if they have one, they may sell it to you cheap! Or let you photocopy the pages you need.

Do not click
                  At least it's German

Comment

Is this the manual on CD you guys are talking about? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

Is it really so hard to read? I am going to be doing all the work on the engine myself, so it needs to be readable. I checked locally for a shop manual, and no one seemed to have one. Anyone have any other ideas? I am pretty clueless on this.

On a side note, this 2.5 should be pretty awesome! I hope it can make at least 250/260 crank hp!
                    Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
                    1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

That might be the same one I got a month or so back. here is the link to the auction I won mine on
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=34211&rd=1

The pictures aren't that bad but they could be much better. I only used it once so far so I could find the wiring diagram for my V1. Worked great for that. Pm me if you want a copy of mine for a couple bucks. Good luck

Comment

Here is a screen capture of the scanned repair manual. Judge for yourself if its useable.

Comment

The pictures on the CD is not very good but it is a scan of the manual. I have a copy of this CD if you want me to burn one for you just PM me (No charge)

Comment

Working...
                          X