Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you have to search for your first e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strube
    replied
    About 3 months for me.

Leave a comment:

• kjelli
    replied
    i found my car in germany on the web mobile.de after 1 year looking!!
    buss from norway to hamburg,train to bielfeld, where the car was..

that was in 2001,my best car ever!!:yup:

kjell t

Leave a comment:

• John91
    replied
    I didn't have to wait at all. I just went to the dealer, negotiated my trade-in and drove it home. :p: As I remember, he had three in stock. Of course, it was 1989 and I thought it was damn expensive, but I have never regretted the purchase.

My second one was waiting for me at VSR one day - but I sold that one over the winter - to one very happy guy from New Jersey who had been looking for a clean car for a long time.

John

Leave a comment:

• eastsideM3
    replied
    Originally posted by noro View Post
    So what is it you were looking for in a car?
    The low mileage car had some electrical issues, and I wanted something a little more aggressive looking without having to do all the work myself. So I bought this car.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• noro
    replied
    Originally posted by eastsideM3 View Post
    It took me about three years to buy the car I really wanted. I initially bought an 88 with 25K on th clock. Was never really happy with the car even though it was in such pristine condition. I sold it within 6 months. Finally the car that I wanted came up for sale. It had a bit more miles, but the car was far superior.
    So what is it you were looking for in a car?

Leave a comment:

• eastsideM3
    replied
    It took me about three years to buy the car I really wanted. I initially bought an 88 with 25K on th clock. Was never really happy with the car even though it was in such pristine condition. I sold it within 6 months. Finally the car that I wanted came up for sale. It had a bit more miles, but the car was far superior.

Leave a comment:

• Steve@VAC
    replied
    2 years on and off. 3 months and driving 7 cars when I was really looking... When you find "the one" you know. Just have your chips stacked because it will call to you.

Leave a comment:

• Larsen-Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by UofOm3 View Post
    it found me
    Good answer!

I'll probably say the same. I was just looking on the norwegian web pages for car selling and BANG! there it was. I just felt the instand neeeeed, just had to buy that car. And so it was
    I've never thought that I would end up with a BMW, neither did my friends.
    As info I had to pay $36360 calculated with today's valuta (5.15 NOK to 1 USD).

Leave a comment:

• Yan-3
    replied
    first e30 - 4 months (zinno 325i)

my M3 - 6 long trying years

Leave a comment:

• UofOm3
    replied
    it found me

Leave a comment:

• M3 Madness
    replied
    5 years. . . .

Leave a comment:

• roberte
    replied
    About 5 min.... I had sold my last BMW a couple of years before and had decided to get another... One of my choices was an E30 M3 and one just happened to be listed on Ebay here in town..... Wrote him a check that afternoon!!! Sometimes its good to be lucky!!

Leave a comment:

• F0Bman
    replied
    It takes a long while, or if you can out right by a 20 year old car for the price of a new car?

Leave a comment:

• allmotorking
    replied
    befriend your local bmw mechanic shop. i just asked my shop out of curiosity and they had another customer wanting to sell his at the time.

Leave a comment:

• gte175x
    replied
    Thanks! Some of you got really lucky!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X