Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Moonroof

Just wondering
    Ive seen a few around, but I havent in over a year.
    Are these stupid rare?
    were they even available in the US?
    1995 //S6

Re: E30 Moonroof

Originally posted by Chapel
    Just wondering
    Ive seen a few around, but I havent in over a year.
    Are these stupid rare?
    were they even available in the US?
    Stupid rare.

T

Comment

whats the moonroof?...the glass pane?? Theres a few of those around if that what your talking about.

Comment

yeah
        glass sunroof
        do you know of any?
        I need a new sunroof, and Id like the glass one
        1995 //S6

Comment

I think it was actually a dealer option (someone correct me here), I'm sure you can get a glass shop in Mass to get one for you. Possibly for free?? got to lover that full glass coverage in Massachusetts.

Comment

Its a bent piece of glass. They are very expensive.
            You wont find one that you'll be willing to pay for Chapel.

Chris
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

of what i know it was a fact option , its in one of my original catalogs that i have from 88, its nice , to have i know someone that has one , and its more then just the glass , theres alot of other parts you need , its more easy to finde then or not M E30s thow , so if you are looking , look for the non M cars in the yeards . P.S expect to pay anywere from 300.00 and up USD

Comment

I'll pay $300 for it + $50 finder's fee!

Comment

glass moon roof

I can tell you from my e28 M5 experience that a glass moonroof is rare, but becoming more common now that some people in Germany know there is a market in the US for them. I have been talking to TC and Duke regarding this.
                  However, I found a glass moonroof for 25$ from a grey market 745i that fits the e28. Wicked Score! You need every bit of the glass moonroof setup, even what looks the same on the steel roof ends up being different (this is if you want a proper install with the sliding shade working) other wise it bolts right up. I thought the install was pretty easy, but I needed my buds girl like hands to fit some of the tight to reach bolts. No way my meat hooks could get to them.

Comment

is there any reduction in chasis strength? Is there a weight savings by going this route? They always looked like a nice addition to me, but i'm doubting the performance characteristics of such a swap. Also- semi on topic- does anyone make a CF sunroof piece to replace the standard steel one while STILL RETAINING FUNCTIONALITY of the sunroof (i've seen CF parts that make the sunroof non-functional)...
                    1990 e30 m3

Comment

Working on it

Comment

Manhattan, what are you working on exactly: glass moonroof or the carbon Fiber version?

Comment

fspine on this board or real name frank has one. i saw it in person, kinda cool but i wouldnt want one at all. yes they are very rare.
                          Old School

Comment

CF sunroof panel. Also, I will create the whole roof as well, minus sunroof similar to the modern CSL. This may be only doable for racers, because not many folks will like poppin the roof off. It will be structural as well and wont be cheap. But you get what you pay for. They wont be wet layup.

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan
                              CF sunroof panel. Also, I will create the whole roof as well, minus sunroof similar to the modern CSL. This may be only doable for racers, because not many folks will like poppin the roof off. It will be structural as well and wont be cheap. But you get what you pay for. They wont be wet layup.

CT
                              Are you serious? How on earth are you planning on doing that without insane expense!
                              Alex McHenry

Comment

Working...
                              X