gas light out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas light out

Is there a specific bulb for the gas light. I have taken my car near the point where i thought it was gonna stop right b4 i got to the gas station and my light never came on. just a bulb to be replaced???
    "A wolf in wolves clothing"
    Tiff Needell

I think the light is supposed to come on when the OBC shows a range of less than 20 miles. Can someone verify that? In any case, you are safe to drive until the range shows a blinking "------" It comes on right after your range shows 9 mi left. If your light isn't on then it's surely in need of replacement.
    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

For me it comes on when the tank is at 7.5l or less. I try not to drive it with that little gas in it though. I've only gotten it down to ------ once. If you didn't know, you can check out the gas level by pressing in the 1 and 1000 key at the same time on the OBC.

Comment

You guys never answered the question lol! Let's say the bulb is dead. Which bulb is it to be replaced? :idea:

Comment

Uhh, maybe the one behind the gas gauge? It's probably a bulb that's just like the other bulbs back there.

Comment

Alright..it works, i drove it to the point where it actually came on today. Gas is way too expensive tho...2.07 a gallon :grr:
            "A wolf in wolves clothing"
            Tiff Needell

Comment

ha ha you make me laff!
              tell you what ill swap your petrol price all day every day
              here in uk at the mo petrol is about $5.55 a gallon
              we can only dream about 2 dollars

hope that makes you feel better

Comment

Working...
              X